Sign in to follow this  
raymar

New community user mods almost ready for show time - hold on to your socks.

Absolutely fantastic work, we are so lucky to have such talent! I hope this won't mes things up when or if Carenado release a service pack.

Absolutely brilliant! The only reason, speaking for myself, but not unlike all the rest of us GTN huggers, that I would even consider the CJ2 is because of the modification. 

Thanks Bert, Janek, Ramon, and Ray (The Mod Squadfor your dedication to making the sim experience for us less talented, what it can be - and is.

Brian

Absolutely fantastic work, we are so lucky to have such talent! I hope this won't mes things up when or if Carenado release a service pack.

Any improvements made by V1.1 will most likely be improvements that the team can not make. I would expect some improvements with FLC logic, maybe a correction for the DTO logic, and fix the backup instruments that do not work or have the imformation reversed or erroneous. All the clickspots, adding the GTN and the Flight Info with the popup new Engine instruments will be very straight forward. Bottom line - it will probably be even better with v1.1.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

RE: v1.1

I would like to see some tweaking of the fde for performance improvements to avoid the sudden drop in cruise speed with even the slightest reduction in thrust.

The landing configuration of the real CJ2 will have auto spoiler deployment once the mains are firmly on the ground and ground flaps are selected. I don't know is it the flight sim throttles that are getting confused or the Carenado coding needs some adjusting.

Regards,

Ray

RE: v1.1

I would like to see some tweaking of the fde for performance improvements to avoid the sudden drop in cruise speed with even the slightest reduction in thrust.

The landing configuration of the real CJ2 will have auto spoiler deployment once the mains are firmly on the ground and ground flaps are selected. I don't know is it the flight sim throttles that are getting confused or the Carenado coding needs some adjusting.

Regards,

Ray

Yes I noticed that also on the thrust during the descent.

Rick

2. I don't seem to hear any clicks from the various buttons and knobs.

Good idea , let's see what we can do....it requires probably own solution. With release of V1.1 has the mod also be adjusted , which would be a good date to add some things.

Nice that you like the mod , the things which you mention , we look into.

Beautiful sunday in LSZH:

25086966tn.jpg

Hi - something that's not working for me as it should in either P3D v3.2 or FSX-SE is the radio popup - it pops up a black/blank window when clicked.  I copied the necessary text in the panel.cfg for it to work, but it doesn't.....anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi - something that's not working for me as it should in either P3D v3.2 or FSX-SE is the radio popup - it pops up a black/blank window when clicked. I copied the necessary text in the panel.cfg for it to work, but it doesn't.....anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

I asked them about that and Carenado says the Radios do not popup. Change settings using FMS. duh.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray,

That's interesting considering the original panel.cfg has the popup code for [window09] as the radio, though Ramon added the "window09=RADIOS", which was not included in the original panel.cfg -

From original panel.cfg:

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Window09]

size_mm=711,1024

position=2

visible=0

BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2

ident=10200

//window_pos= 0.000, 0.020

windows_size= 0.293, 0.750

gauge00=Radio_CJ2525A!Radio, 0 , 0, 711, 1024

gauge01=CJ2525ACAR!ToggleCAR10200,                 0, 0, 711, 32

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HA! --> upon further inspection of the files in the GAUGECJ2525A folder (or the not-unzipped .CAB for those who have not installed any mods yet), there is no "Radio" gauge, only the Radio_KDI572_DME_BG.bmp file and corresponding .xml code file!  (I also just noticed the false gauge name in the panel code above - "radio_cj2525A", so indeed, there is no radio popup!)

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Blake

That's interesting considering the original panel.cfg has the popup code for [window09] as the radio, though Ramon added the "window09=RADIOS", which was not included in the original panel.cfg -

Hi, I added the "window09=RADIOS", line to [Window Titles] just to keep the windows in order/sequence (as per the SDK).

To make a Radios Popup, let me see what I can do.

No Promises.....

Hi Ramon,

OK, no problem now that I understand what was going on....it would be cool if you could add a popup radio panel, as you did with the autopilot and annunciator panels, though :smile:

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Blake

Jim,

If remember correctly, only the P3D panel.cfg had the incomplete Radio window text. The FSX did not have it so Ramon and I added it to keep the window numbers the same.

Ray

Do appreciate what your doing!

Will it do anthing to improve frame rates?

Mine runs from 8 to 15 and drops when expanding the mfd or nd.

The only other plane I have trouble running is CS 777.

thanks

Divk Davis

Do appreciate what your doing!

Will it do anthing to improve frame rates?

Mine runs from 8 to 15 and drops when expanding the mfd or nd.

The only other plane I have trouble running is CS 777.

thanks

Divk Davis

I haven't heard anything about frame rates. Mine is about the same as a default aircraft. I don't see any drop in FPS at all unless I open several windows and it still doesn't get below the high 20s.

No, I don't see how anything we are doing will affect frames either way, other than we are using the Flight Info popup in the old FMS window - that might take a frame or two.

Do you have a Legacy PC system?

Maybe someone else will step in and address the FPS with you.

Regards,

Ray