Sign in to follow this  
ramriez

black flash square on airport ground

Hello,

i'm encoutering this black flash square on the airport ground before i take off :

ZE18hKK.jpg

Any idea where does it comes from ? As you can see my FPS are pretty good, and it may appear randomly whatever airport im taking off (scene or not)

Its just happening on the close texture around the plane like the example t.

Im using FSX Gold + FTX Global + Open LC + ASN + Rex4 + Dx10 SF.

thank you for any help you can provide

This is a common problem with FSX.  Your computer is not loading textures fast enough, so you see a black square, then it fills with the correct texture.  And you will always see it when lights come into view.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

thanks.

The strange thing is I only see this when i start a quick flight directly on the runway. If i start at gate, then taxi, then take off i wont see this flash happening.

Added to that, why the texture is showed properly after the sim loaded, and then suddenly once i'm starting to accelerate, this 1sec black flash happens (like the texture was loading again)  ?

My FSX is actually on an HDD, if i'm moving it to a SSD will it solve this black flash ?

I noticed it was appearing mainly when the time is foggy. If it can help for some suggestions

I think your questions have been answered.  You can have 200 fps and the black square (indicating the scene is still loading) will still appear.  It takes 1 tenth of a second for your fps to take a dive and then shoot back up again. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10