Sign in to follow this  
ypaul123

Frustrated Terrain Issue

All this cfg. Tweaks in his cfg. Comes from the addonmanager tool that you can run from the dropdownmenu in P3D.

when you run it.

Things like bufferpool, jobsheduler or how many trees per cell are the entries from this tool.

I know it because i have tried the addonmanager.

I would only the popup and the other tweaks that for de fsdreamteam scenery. Then i saw that all tweaks er in my cfg. (Bufferpools, trees per cell etc.)

I also tried the jobsheduler.

With an extra tool i have the better allotment.

Btw. I dont have any blurries. Neither in 3.1 nor in 3.2

And with his 980 card, this should not occurence.

And i know, that he nothing has said about FSDreamteam airports.

But i saw this tweaks in his cfg. Some problems would be createt without to know about it.

Im must say sorry. It is the addonmanager tool from virtuali.

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0910/FSDreamteam/add-on-manger.jpg

What are those vertical stripes ??

i dont know, cell towers ?

antennas.

thats a clear indication of defected terrain.cfg file!

All that being said, I've done some extensive testing with 3.2 and unfortunately the problem does not seem to lie within settings or  tweaks. It seems like a coding issue or something along the line.

that is not very far from the truth atm,

there is at least one clear landclass issue there,

the autogen radius is not an issue though; it is just how 3.2 is currently rendering autogen bubble (and it is likely hard coded),

Edited by Chris Bell
  • Upvote 1

Try deleting your cfg folder and your shaders folder and restart.

See if that helps

If not ,try reinstalling p3d no addons or tweaks.

Cheers

Mike

Try deleting your cfg folder and your shaders folder and restart.

close to what my advice would be as well; only...

first in P3D you don't have two terrain.cfg; there is only one!!!

it is unknown if he has external addons entries in his current terrain.cfg,

if those do exist they will not be restored if the current is deleted and restored via repair,

currently you can purge cache; but if your terrain cfg is defected (which it clearly is) it will do no good as this will come back,

(technically speaking i believe these are modeling pins you shouldn't be seeing in the first place,)

thats a clear indication of defected terrain.cfg file!

Those are antennas. There's quite a lot of them in several areas across the US.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Those are antennas. There's quite a lot of them in several areas across the US.

I got my license in South Florida, and flew past the TV towers in North Dade all the time. These same  towers and many others are very clearly shown in P3D. has nothing at all to do with "defected terrain" .....

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

He should delete his P3Dcfg. and then we will see if the problem is solved.

All other dicusions about antennas aren't helpful.

Btw. blurries are the problem and not the antennas.

Kind regards

All this cfg. Tweaks in his cfg. Comes from the addonmanager tool that you can run from the dropdownmenu in P3D.

when you run it.

Things like bufferpool, jobsheduler or how many trees per cell are the entries from this tool.

I would only the popup and the other tweaks that for de fsdreamteam scenery. Then i saw that all tweaks er in my cfg. (Bufferpools, trees per cell etc.)

But i saw this tweaks in his cfg. Some problems would be createt without to know about it.

I ran into this issue with the add on manager about 7 months ago, where it changed 12 settings in my P3D.cfg file because I hit the save button by mistake when setting up GSX. It took me days to solve my blurry problem which turned out to be the add on manager inserting affinitymask=14 into my cfg file. The blurries I had were unreal, and I was about a second away from a total reinstall of P3D when I discovered the problem. I posted this on the FSDT forum, and the author of FSDT commented on my post and all the problems I had but did nothing to warn users of the potential problem, and I am certain that nothing has changed. If you hit that save button in the add on manager, it will screw up your cfg file inserting about a dozen changes that you might not want. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I don't know what you are all going on about.. I see absolutely nothing abnormal in that screenshot. The autogen LOD radius is normal (it's quite small, unfortunately) and the towers/antennae are normal as well. I see no blurries (the screenshot is zoomed in; the distant terrain textures in P3D/FSX always look a bit soft from that distance.)

when you run it.

The better allotment that comes from setting an AM externally is because it is being forced to do so and is not necessarily a good thing. It has been discussed many times that you should not use an external program to set the AM for P3D

Also blurries usually come from CPU related settings and issues, nothing to do with his 980 GPU.

If the terrain.cfg is corrupted then yes it is relevant to the blurries. But as others said above its probably just antennas.

• Upvote 1

These same towers and many others are very clearly shown in P3D.

i wasn't disputing the existence of antennas in that area,

just that these particular lines are not antennas!

if the OP will oblige and try to zoom in; he can confirm or deny,

they will continue to distance as he zooms in and will never come into full view,

furthermore if you fly towards these they will act the same way and distant with your movement,

to illustrate this further; the OP can basically snap an image in any direction anywhere he is while these will always remain visible in the horizon,

needless to say or point the fact that they are out of proportion shapes with no gradual fade displayed further ahead,

even though they are out of the autogen bubble; as library object other library objects around are not behaving as these lines do,

also look closer inside the autogen bubble to get a grip on proportions there with standard power lines displayed normally,

you will also notice right next to the arrow on the left near the end of the autogen bubble an actual antenna rendered,

• Upvote 1

you got input; next comes output -> feedback,

any of the above ring a bell?

exists, doesn't exists,

its your turn Paul,

antennas. 

I'm not so sure they are.  I remember once having something similar in my installation about two years ago and they definitely were not antennas, but anomalies in my scenery.    I'm not sure what caused them or how it got fixed but I remember that it was in the PNW area around Orcas Is. and surrounding terrain when I first noticed it.  

I'm not so sure they are. I remember once having something similar in my installation about two years ago and they definitely were not antennas, but anomalies in my scenery. I'm not sure what caused them or how it got fixed but I remember that it was in the PNW area around Orcas Is. and surrounding terrain when I first noticed it.

Yeah thats what I thought at first. But if you look closely enough you can see the white and red stripes.