Sign in to follow this  
Morrigan

ORBX FTX Norway LODs/Quality questions

Hello!

I have just recently bought P3D so I am sorry if there is an obvious answer I am missing or something.

Well, I have bought FTX Norway as it was recommended for me for my regional flying. The issue is, anywhere other than sitting on the runway, it looks terribly bad. Mind, I am not bashing the product, I am sure it's great but I think I have something messed up either with settings or with the addon itself.

Anyhow, those are screenshots made around the ENTC area:

LLnSx6O.png1RgFjPb.pngYrAhgy3.png

As you can see, the terrain looks really bad. Can it be somehow fixed? Here are my scenery settings:

Wd9ObS1.jpg

Guest Mik75

I have the product too, and the textures are very sharp, even with lower settings!

Do you use the Widescreen setting on yes?

I use it on off, then for spot view, I zoom all the way out (0.30), and with "STRG" and "_" (German keyboard) I bring the camera close to the aircraft.

That way, more textures are loaded to their full LOD and it happens quicker also!

Not sure if that is the solution to your problem, but it's worth a try.

My scenery looks like that in spot view, and with zoom levels close to 1.00, too.

Do you use the Widescreen setting on yes?

No, I do not use widescreen setting. 

Guest Mik75

No, I do not use widescreen setting.

Good! ;-)

Then please try what I suggested!

Not sure if you use FTX Global as well. I think you need to have both and the latest ORBX libraries. Also, it might be the position of the scenery layers. Have a good look at their manuals and at their forum for advice on where in you scenery.cfg the layers should be placed. It makes a difference on what appears.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Did you apply group (Europe) in FTX Central 2 when you flight in Norway?

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Not sure if you use FTX Global as well. I think you need to have both and the latest ORBX libraries. 

I have been informed that the regional FTX packs include everything, just for a small area. As for the "layers" I will look around, thanks. 

Did you apply group (Europe) in FTX Central 2 when you flight in Norway?

I am positive that I did, as it shows as "active".