Sign in to follow this  
ark

Steer Lock

As I understand it, the default FSX tailhook command (Shift+ Q) should activate the Lear35's Steer Lock light as does the Steer Lock button on the console between the seats. However, I have not been able to get the Steer Lock light to respond to Shift+Q. I am using the boxed FSX, and Shift+Q is assigned in FSX as Tailhook Up/Dn. I run all commands through FSUIPC. When I push the Shift+Q combination on the keyboard the Steer Lock light does not respond. If I assign Shift+Q to a button in FSUIPC, that also does not work.  I have even tried using a small Lua script to send the tailhook control code (as listed in the FSUIPC controls document) and that does not work either. If anyone using FSX can confirm that using Shift+Q from the keyboard works to activate the Steer Lock light I would appreciate it. Once I know that works in FSX I can look further to figure out what the problem is (which of course, could be me  :smile: ).

Thanks,

Al

I also have FSX box version, full and current version of FSUIPC, and am unable to get the steer lock with keyboard combo of SHIFT+Q or mapping to a joystick button through FSUIPC.

I also have FSX box version, full and current version of FSUIPC, and am unable to get the steer lock with keyboard combo of SHIFT+Q or mapping to a joystick button through FSUIPC.

usmcnaz,

Shift+Q officially no longer works  with the latest L35A ver 2.8 ( I could never get it to work).  What follows is a post from another thread which addresses controlling the spoilers, but the same idea applies to the current Steer Lock situation. If on the other hand you would prefer to use a Lua script via FSUIPC to control Steer Lock as a simple on/off toggle rather than using the two assignments below, PM me an email address. Ref: Post#9 at  http://www.avsim.com/topic/491894-replacing-lear35a-mouse-clicks-with-keys-or-buttons/

Al

----------

Flysimware has now provided special assignments for those who wish to control the AP and other L35A functions with keys or buttons instead of the mouse. From the latest Flysimware L35 manual:

“G1000_MFD_SOFTKEYS” assignments.

Full list:

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY1 = HDG

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY2 = 1/2 BNK

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY3 = NAV

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY4 = BC

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY5 = LVL

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY6 = TST

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY7 = ENG

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY8 = SFT

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY9 = SPD

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY10 = V/S

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY11 = GS

G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY12 = ALTSEL

G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY1 = ALTHLD

G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY2 = Steer Lock On

G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY3 = Steer Lock Off

G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY4 = Yaw Damper Primary (Power mode must be on.)

G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY5 = Yaw Damper Secondary (Power mode must be on.)

G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6 = Spoiler Switch (Default switch is disabled. There is no arming as well.)

So, for example, to assign the "/" key to operate the spoilers, go into FSX Settings-Controls and under the Keyboard column, assign the "/" key to the Event called G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6 . This assumes the "/" key, or whatever other key you wish to use for the Spoilers toggle, is not being used for something else. You can, of course, also operate the spoilers using the mouse by clicking on the spoiler switch located just to the right of the throttles (and under the protective metal ring) as shown in the picture above .

Al

Assuming you have my Keycontrol gauge and XMLTools installed, you can add this after the last entry before the closing </Value> tag in KeyControl.xml:

'SHIFT+n' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyName,string)
'(L:STEER_LOCK,bool) ! (>L:STEER_LOCK,bool)
(L:INV_PRI,bool) 1 == (L:INV_SEC,bool) 1 == or
(A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE,Volts) 3.0 > and
(L:STEER_ON,bool) 0 == and
if{ 1 (>L:STEER_ON,bool) }' (>C:XMLKEYS:KeyString,string)
(>C:XMLKEYS:KeyCaptureOn,bool)

The key combination is fairly editable so it can be changed to Shift+Q as well. Consult the XMLTools manual for any rules and restrictions.

If you want the tailhook event back:

'TOGGLE_TAIL_HOOK_HANDLE' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventName,string)
'(L:STEER_LOCK,bool) ! (>L:STEER_LOCK,bool)
(L:INV_PRI,bool) 1 == (L:INV_SEC,bool) 1 == or
(A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE,Volts) 3.0 > and
(L:STEER_ON,bool) 0 == and
if{ 1 (>L:STEER_ON,bool) }' (>C:XMLEVENTS:EventString,string)

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days