Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Stuck in an ATC Loop

Attempted to depart KFLL, ground cleared me to taxi to 28L, however every time I read back instructions they repeated I wasn't cleared for takeoff.  Even tried it with the SayIt option to see if it was just something with my phraseology.

"~Taxi to Runway Two Eight Left Report when number one for departure  Delta One Five Two

Taxi to Runway Two Eight Left Report when Number One for Departure Delta One Five Two; 

Delta One Five Two. You have not been cleared for takeoff. "

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Thanks for the report.  You should not have received that Taxi instruction.  That is only received when P2A cannot figure out a taxi route.

Where were you when you asked for Taxi?

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for the report.  You should not have received that Taxi instruction.  That is only received when P2A cannot figure out a taxi route.

Where were you when you asked for Taxi?

Thanks,

Dave

I had just pushed back from the gate.  I can't recall the gate assignment but it was close to RWY 28L.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Turns out there an issue with the taxiway data at KFLL. 

I made some changes so you'll get taxi instructions, but they won't be totally correct.

At some point in the future I will be looking to update the taxiway info, but for now, some airports are going to give better taxi instructions than others.

Dave

Turns out there an issue with the taxiway data at KFLL. 

I made some changes so you'll get taxi instructions, but they won't be totally correct.

At some point in the future I will be looking to update the taxiway info, but for now, some airports are going to give better taxi instructions than others.

Dave

Cool deal.  Any way of coming up with a progressive taxi style similar to, and I hate to say this, that other ATC program that appears to be no longer in development?  There seems to be a way to use a dynamic light element of sorts that draws taxi lights where you need to go.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

In P2A you can display the instructed taxi route on the map. 

(Manual pages 15, 16 - Map Function Buttons)

In P2A you can display the instructed taxi route on the map. 

(Manual pages 15, 16 - Map Function Buttons)

I use this option currently.  Was just wondering if its in the cards to expand on it and make it dynamic and appear in sim.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Many users reported that VOXATC's dynamic taxilights causes stutters and much more problems. It shouldn't be a common goal to duplicate such an impact to P2A.

Many users reported that VOXATC's dynamic taxilights causes stutters and much more problems. It shouldn't be a common goal to duplicate such an impact to P2A.

I mustve been lucky.  It worked quite flawlessly for me.  All in all the current map system does work.  I'd certainly take traffic injection and/or control over dynamic taxi lights if possible!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

I'd certainly take traffic injection and/or control

Me too, but traffic avoidance is actual a known bug. Dave works thereon. Let's hope ;-)