Sign in to follow this  
alexzar14

throttles don't retard on landing, P3D

setting the speed to Vref helps me approach with nose being couple degrees up. Wrong, but what can I do.

What can you do? Fly the approach at Vref+5. Simples.

Matt Cee

Is it possible that there is some sort of disconnect between 27ft RA and addon scenery?

I.E. the aircraft is reading a different radar altitude thus the AT doesn't disco like it should.

Incorrect. That's for manual speed control. Boeing states that the AT is quick enough at reacting to wind changes that +05 is fine in all cases where AT is on.

Additionally, if the approach is flown using the HUD you can also use vref+5 without wind correction with the A/T off as the HUD provides acceleration/deceleration cues.

I found this in the Introduction on the 737 NGX page page 126. ( copy and paste) 

"The auto-throttle system requires either DC BUS 1 or DC BUS 2 to be powered, the thrust difference between the two engines to be less than 2000lbs, at least one IRS in NAV when in SPD mode, the stall management yaw damper system powered and operational and reversers locked. Otherwise the AT will disconnect. The AT will automatically drive the throttles to IDLE position during auto-land when radio altimeter less than 24 feet or not in auto-land and flaps equal or greater to 15 degrees and radio altimeter less than 27 feet. After landing the AT will disconnect after 2 seconds."

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

All of a sudden mine isn't idling at the flare. Weird

Are you below 27 feet?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes and at touchdown they arent shutting off. It has worked for me fine up until the last 2 flights. Its just odd.

Richie Walsh

Yes, some bug in there in P3D version. Does no longer happen to me since the 600/700 expansion installation but I've done only couple flights since that. Time will show...

Will pay attention to how this relates to rad altimeter.

I am having the same issue. I.e. auto throttle not retarding and maintaining vref set in MCP.

Sorry to bump an old thread. 

Did this get fixed ?.

6 hours ago, ozflyer said:

I am having the same issue. I.e. auto throttle not retarding and maintaining vref set in MCP.

Sorry to bump an old thread. 

Did this get fixed ?.

There is no bug to fix.  You may consider taking the time to explain the problem you are having and assume few will want to take their time to study an old thread to try to deduce what you might be experiencing.  Start by creating a new thread and please provide as much information as you deem relevant.  Especially the flight control modes and what the FMA is annunciating.

Dan Downs KCRP