Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

MU2B-60 Altitude and Vertical Speed Hold

I set the Altitude and the VS (I am currently climbing at 1000 FPM). The manual makes reference to a pitch wheel or something like that.  I can't seem to get the MU2 VS hold set correctly.  Can somebody give me the proper procedure  to set the Altitude (I have dialed the set altitude) and Vertical Speed?  Heading and NAV / GPS seem to work fine.  Most other A/C you set the FPM + for climb and - for decent.  IE +500 -500

From the manual:

ALT/SEL: Captures and holds selected altitudes. The mode requires pressing VS or IAS to be active.  < VS has to be set??>
VS: Requires setting a target altitude using the ALT knob on the ALT SEL unit. Use the AP unit pitch wheel
for best pitch angle.  <<Where is this?>> 

Thanks!

Look down at the base of the center pedestal:

qC6y5b2.jpg

loopCR8.jpg

If you have Ezdok, just load my MU-2 profile I sent you the other day. One VC cam is specifically dedicated to this.

• Upvote 1

If you have Ezdok, just load my MU-2 profile I sent you the other day. One VC cam is specifically dedicated to this.

Can you send me this profile, too, or make it publicly available somewhere?

barrel_owl,

Awesome, Thank you so much!  Not sure whether to drop 34.95 on a camera utility,,,,  Have to give it some thought.

barrel_owl,

Awesome, Thank you so much!  Not sure whether to drop 34.95 on a camera utility,,,,  Have to give it some thought.

I simply could not sim without Ezdok. If there is an addon i could not live without, that's Ezdok.

On the other side, the era of FSX is coming close to the end with the imminent launch of DTG Flight Simulator planned for the end of the year, so I understand that dropping $ 34.95 or € 32.97 may be a difficult decision for someone nowadays. If you want my personal advice: take it and take some time to learn how to use it. It is simply a different simulator you will be using thereafter.

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much!

I simply could not sim without Ezdok. If there is an addon i could not live without, that's Ezdok.

I would say it is on the second place, directly after FSUIPC :smile:

I would say it is on the second place, directly after FSUIPC :smile:

I concur, but FSUIPC is someway essential for other tools and addons to work, so it is not even an option in my view.

Thanks Everyone!

I haven't heard too much about DTG Flight Simulator.  I'll have to do some research on that one.  Unless it virtually blows FSX away, I think FSX will be around awhile.

The MU2 is the first plane I have actually been forced to use the Virtual Cockpit. I wish I had a Track IR.You do take a FPS hit as opposed to the 2D panel. It is kind of awkward scrolling away from the outside window to interface with the A/C panel.  It seems to me they should  have put the AP VS pitch wheel near or on the AP unit itself,  I am still not completely sure how to set the VS to a specific FPM setting.  All other AC that I have flown, you set the actually FPM, although in the Flight 1 ATR I have to make some adjustments because it does default to the current VS of the A/C.  I haven't played with it too much yet.  I assume it works the same way. In some A/C you set the VS FPM and Altitude, when you engage the ALT it sets the target altitude and climbs or decends at that FPM,

Speaking of technology, this is pretty cool, but expensive.  because it tracks where your hands are.  Check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp4-mLuV6lA

The pitch wheel is on the AP unit, the buttons at the glare shield are just a remote panel.

The position is not uncommon, e.g. the C337 has it in the same place. Maybe the reason is, that it was introduced as an upgrade to planes that did not have an AP and this was the only available spot? I have mapped it to toggle buttons on my yoke/joystick with the C337 (which does not have VS or IAS modes, just pitch hold) and may do the same here (though I would assume IAS hold mode to be used more often).

And I would assume that you don't really need the pitch wheel in the MU-2B, because engaging the AP/VS/IAS will hold your current pitch/VS/IAS. In the C337 I only use it to slow down the ascent/descent when getting near the flight level I want to reach, because the C337 does not have an altitude selector, only an altitude hold mode, and if I don't slow the ascent/descent, it will overshoot and start to bob up/down until it keeps the altitude.