Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

Major Installation issue P3D V 3.2

I have downloaded Version 3.2 as a complete new download after deleting all of my add on's and therefore a complete new install having had version 3.1 previously.

I downloaded 3.2 with no issues,extracted all the files and then run the set up button and decided to place into my C drive inside a new folder Prepar3D,I was told that this is the best place to install the sim.

I then successfully activated the product on line and the normal P3D Academic blue screen appeared and the line went across 'generating scenery files ' etc.

However,my problem is that the the Sim does not open, the blue P3D screen just stays there and hangs for ever.

I am really at a loss as to where to go from here.

Also I have downloaded the latest SDK file and have placed it in the same Prepar3D folder in my C drive as mentioned above and I am not sure if that is right.

Anyway,obviously something is wrong somewhere and I would appreciate any help/observations please.

I am running Windows 7 OS.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Michael

Michael Broom

First thing I always try is deleting the prepar3d.cfg and when starting the sim, it creates a new one and mostly the sim will complete the startup

Cheers!

Maarten

Hi Maarten,

No,deleting the CFG does not solve the problem.

Any other thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Michael

Michael Broom

Do you have anything by FSDT and if so did you update the FSDT add on manager?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi Bob,

I uninstalled my FSDT airports together with GSX and deleted the add on manager.

Any further observations would be welcome.

Michael

Michael Broom

Did you do a Complete Install of 3.2   "Downloaded the Complete folder and ran the Prepar3D.exe from your computer ? 

Did you completely Uninstall Prepar3D 3.1 first ?   Removing all 5 folders

Are you running Prepar3D as Administrator ? 

Have you added your Complete Prepar3D folder to your Exclusions Zone of your Anti virus Software

Do you have the Correct folder Permissions in your C Drive?  Right Click on your Prepar3D folder,  Click Properties,  Click Security, Check you have full control

Have you checked your Programs and Features to insure you have   Prepar3D Client, Scenery, Content and Academic Client installed Ok 

Hi Elaine,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes,I completely uninstalled Version 3.1 and removed the 5 folders.

I did the complete install of version 3.2 and ran the Prepar3D exe and can confirm that P3D is being run as admin.

I have added P3D to my exclusions zone in my ant virus software.

I have full control in my permissions folder in my C drive and can confirm that the client,scenery,content and academic client all installed OK.

Any further help/support would be appreciated.

Michael

Michael Broom

Ok 

Personally speaking  If i had a fresh Install of Prepar3D and i had problems similar to yours i would do this.  

Taking into account you have already tried all the other suggestions from the other posters.

----------------

First thing i would try is.  Located these folders and delete the ALL files and folders inside them.  Don't worry Prepar3D will generate fresh ones.  

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin   Prepar3d v3

26116061922_c9c35daf14_o.png

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin   Prepar3d v3

26208542105_1f911a1778_o.png

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin   Prepar3d v3

26182619076_cd751ae777_o.png

Start Prepar3D and see if that helps

======================================================================================

If Not Try this 

Next i would try this.  Run the Installer again and Click Repair 

26115739412_33bd26929a_o.png

If that doesn't work i have one more trick up my sleeve :smile:  

Hi Elaine,

Many thanks,will come back to you.

Michael

Hi Elaine,

I have gone into my folders as you suggested but some of the files within these folders are missing and are not quite the same as yours.

Before I go any further any thoughts on this.

Michael

Michael Broom

My suggestion to you, would be to download 3.2 again ( fresh copy using download manager if you have one) , uninstall what you have, run CCleaner, reboot the computer, and install the program again. I'm betting something is corrupt in your install. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes,

Before you do a Uninstall of Prepar3D.    

Try this 

Delete all your Prepar3D folders 5 of them Including your Main Prepar3D folder.  

And then Run the Installer again and Click Repair,  Only takes minutes

If this doesn't work (It should)  Then you are into a doing a Complete Uninstall and Activation again 

Follow the path and Delete all 5 folders 

► Computer ► Your Prepar3D Install location         

23989939901_283a049899_o.png

► Libraries ► Documents ► Prepar3D v3 files

23776854630_191b812f40_o.png

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin 

23989939651_154170663c_o.png

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin 

23444310884_9c001510e1_o.png

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin 

24046437846_735735e5a9_o.png

----------------------------------------------------

When you have finished deleting all 5 folders Run the Installer again 

26115739412_33bd26929a_o.png

-------------------------------------------------

If that doesn't work follow this guide and Uninstall and Reinstall again     http://bit.ly/1SsrJpR

I have downloaded Version 3.2 as a complete new download after deleting all of my add on's and therefore a complete new install having had version 3.1 previously.

Hi Bob,

I uninstalled my FSDT airports together with GSX and deleted the add on manager.

Any further observations would be welcome.

Michael

You stated you removed all your add-ons in your OP.  If you have a dll.xml in the same folder as your P3D.cfg, then move it to a temporary folder.  Sounds like you brought some of your installation from the previous version back after do a clean install of the latest version.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your recent replies.

I am currently doing a full download again and have deleted all files from P3D and will therefore do a full re-install.

Will let you know if it does the trick.

Michael

Michael Broom

Also, if not previously mentioned, make sure the checksum of your download matches the one on the download page. This guarantees the download is not corrupt. Among others, HashTab is an easy and convenient way to do this: http://implbits.com/products/hashtab/