Sign in to follow this  
ALF1

Analog RMI below ISFD Gone--and More Lights Above MFD

Looking at the new airplanes in the previous video, I see that the analog RMI is gone. To me it provides useful backups, I know you can have ADF in rose mode MFD, but it seems like a waste of space the gauge is not that expensive. Why did they decide to do this ?

Also, I see many more lights above the Captains and First Officer's MFD's than we have in our NGX. Can anyone tell me what they indicate ?

The extra lights are takeoff configuration and cabin altitude lights. These were added because both warnings make the same sound.

As far as the RMI it is a company option. Everything can be displayed on each MFD so I guess some companies decided not to order them.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

One of the lights is "CABIN ALTITUDE" and the other is "TAKEOFF CONFIG". When the intermittent warning horn sounds the appropriate light will illuminate. These lights were added after the Helios accident where the crew misidentified the cabin altitude horn for the takeoff configuration horn. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

A future ngx patch adding the options would be great. Especially one that lets us select only the standby lcd instrument - David Lee

Fmc menu in the equipment options. It's already there

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg