Sign in to follow this  
solvair

P2A v2 does not seem to interact with the traffic ... or does very bad

Using P3D v3.2, PMDG 737-800, airline tfc at 35%

I have noticed that traffic is not automatically updated, you have to "restart", pressing the button twice to display traffic (deactivate / reactivate display traffic)

Still, there is some lack of coordination between the simulator and p2A: yesterday I wanted to make a flight, hold short on the takeoff runway. A plane was on final, landing ... I waited ...lands and I asked permission to take off: ATC responds "lineup and wait" ... I stand at the head of rw ... the plane just landed just left the rw ... but never receiving takeoff clearance. Spend a few minutes ... the rw empty, desperate speak "still waiting for takeoff clearance, rw 30"...ATC unresponsive, does not understand me, I get angry and turn off the simulator.

It would be nice p2a interact and talk with the other planes and, being on the same frequency, you may have an idea of what goes around

Today the problem I've had in the end: the last communication with the ATC has been, by approach "fly assigned star". I landed without having heard the request to change to Tower frequency nor the consequent clearance to land.

Another thing, every time I run P2A I have to go to config and click on "use decimal instead point" (flight usually in Europe), that option is not saved, you have to give each time we run P2A!

Regards

Thanks for the report.

As stated in several other threads, Pilot2ATC does not "interact" with the AI Traffic.  That said, there is a know issue with how it displays and reports AI traffic.  This is on the bug list. 

Taking AI traffic into account and even interacting with it is a known feature request.

When told to line up and wait, you are supposed to taxi to the takeoff position on the Ruwnay, line up within a few degrees of runway heading and come to a full stop.  You will then be given takeoff clearance within a few seconds.

There are some issues with handovers to Tower in certain situations in update 200.13.  You may have hit one of these.  Generally, when told to "Fly the xxx arrival..." you should be getting stepped descent instructions.  If told to "Descend via the xxx arrival..." you are expected to descend according to the published altitude restrictions and your filed flight plan.  200.14 should have more precise clearances and handovers to Approach and Tower frequencies.

Thanks, again,

Dave

When told to line up and wait, you are supposed to taxi to the takeoff position on the Ruwnay, line up within a few degrees of runway heading and come to a full stop.  You will then be given takeoff clearance within a few seconds.

Of course, before this, was IFR clearance, requested taxi to runway 30, etc ... I received "lineup and wait", I stepped on the runway, stopped ... but never received takeoff clearance

Thanks for the quick reply, Dave. Fans of flight simulation need a good ATC and you're doing a good job.

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words.

It's possible that you'll need to move to a different section of the runway.  Usually, and this does depend on how the airport is defined in the database, you will get clearance if you taxi all the way to the departure end of the runway where the parallel white stripes are.  Sometimes, you may have to go into the overrun slightly, but usually near the numbers should do it.

Thanks,

Dave

... or you can report once more "ready for departure". When this doesn't fix the situation you will get the take-off clearance if you instead request for a "midfield departure".