Sign in to follow this  
Tight Git

When is Landing Imminent?

Could someone please advise when I should inform the cabin crew that landing is imminent.

Unless I leave it until the very last moment before touchdown, when I really should be concentrating on other things, my cheeky head stewardess casts doubt on my competence as a captain!  :shok:

Could someone please advise when I should inform the cabin crew that landing is imminent.

Unless I leave it until the very last moment before touchdown, when I really should be concentrating on other things, my cheeky head stewardess casts doubt on my competence as a captain!  :shok:

You can do that at your convenience.

If purser thinks you're taking her for a ride, it's more likely because MCE isn't reading data from the sim as it should.

If it can't see aircraft is airborne and you advise about "imminent landing"..... :smile:

Just a reminder to everyone reading this...

When Windows UAC is enabled, (it is by default), and we don't advise disabling it, ... you MUST

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

AND

2- Set simulator executable to run as administrator. That inlcudes "fsx.exe", "Prepar3D.exe" and "fs9.exe" if using the old sim.

Right-click "fsx.exe", select "Properties". Go to <Compatibility> tab and ensure option <Run this program as administrator> is ticked, followed by a click on Apply.

If in doubt, go to MCE user interface, <Sim> tab and check aircraft and engine status. If they aren't correct, you know what to do.

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I can confirm that MCE is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder.

I also get asked if I want to make changes when I open FSX and MCE, so I assume UAC is in operation.

However, in the MCE interface, sim tab, there is nothing indicated in FS Version.

Is this the cause of the problem, please?

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I can confirm that MCE is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder.

I also get asked if I want to make changes when I open FSX and MCE, so I assume UAC is in operation.

However, in the MCE interface, sim tab, there is nothing indicated in FS Version.

Is this the cause of the problem, please?

Forgot to mention, only started displaying engine status and aircraft onground/airborne since a few versions back.

You will definitely get it with latest, and maybe the previous version. If not, I guess it's one reason to update.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Thanks, I'll give the latest version a go.

Please remind me, can I install over the top of the existing?

Thanks, I'll give the latest version a go.

Please remind me, can I install over the top of the existing?

Un-install previous package via Windows Control Panel, add remove features (programs)

Download new version to your desktop. Unzip and run "Install MCE".

Should be all you need to do.

If you have interest in the latest supported aircraft, CS L1011 Tristar, you need to run the app wizard briefly, so the pre-made flows for Tristar are copied to the relevant folder.

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Run app wizard.

No need to go through speech training following an update. Your trained speech profile is only lost when you delete your user account from that machine or format the hard drive clean.

Thank you.

I'll have a test flight with the new version and report back within a couple of days.

I've now done a couple of flights with the latest MCE version and the lovely Jessica is now giving me the respect I deserve!

Unfortunately we seem to have picked up another glitch that has not been present previously.

As the gear is raised on take off (PMDG 747), FO reports a problem and then immediately says all is ok.

Exactly the same happens when the gear is lowered for landing.

I can't see an obvious problem myself (no alarms) and I'm not doing anything different than normal.

Any ideas, please?

As the gear is raised on take off (PMDG 747), FO reports a problem and then immediately says all is ok.

Exactly the same happens when the gear is lowered for landing.

That part of the software hasn't changed for a long while.

try this. On ground, trick him to retract the gear. If he does see the joke and ignore your action, he knows you are on ground.

If he does retract it, you still have the issue with MCE not reading flight simulator state.

After double-checking, you have a point regarding monitoring the gear with PMDG 747.

Luckily, a patch was being prepared to address a few issues with PF3 integration, and your issue is dealt with as well.

No need to re-download the main package.

Download this patch (your browser may complain it's unsafe, because the zip has some exe inside it. Just select "Keep"

http://www.multicrewxp.com/MCE-Patch26659.zip

Unzip, then replace

"mce.exe" in \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder

Two files in \Multi Crew Experience\CandC\ folder

"fsInsider.dll" in \Flight Simulator installation folder\ (both FSX & P3D)

On the strength of one test flight, that patch has cured the gear problem, so many thanks. :smile:

May I respectfully remind you that the FO call out anomaly when establishing on the ILS in the PMDG 747 has still to be resolved.  I believe Ben made a start on this but probably got distracted by something more important. Thank you.

Just to add to this gear issue, I have flown the Aerosoft A320 a few times and notice that does the same thing. Says it has a problem and just carried on and raises the gear anyway.

Rob

Rob,

Have you tried with the latest update (26659)?

I've just completed a second flight in the PMDG 747 and gear operation is back to normal.

Hi Tight Git,

Yeah I updated to the latest version and still have the issue, but to be honest I know it's a bit of a qwerk, and I know it doesn't affect the operation of the aircraft.

I just thought it was best to mention it, at least it can be looked into at some point :)

Thanks for the reply though :)

Rob

Sorry to hear that, Rob.

Gerald, I've now completed 5 test flights in the PMDG 747 and gear operation is normal, so thanks for the latest update. :smile: