Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Flight1 GTN 750 in A2A 182

I'm having trouble getting LPV verticle guidance. Verticle guides never show up on the HSI. Using GPS mode and an active LPV approach. The aircraft follows lateral guidance under autopilot but just flies right over the airport. Tried NAV and APR mode both with the same result. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong or LPV doesn't work in 3.2. Hopefully someone who successfully has flown an LPV can give me a scenario and a couple pointers so I see how the GTN works with the A2A autopilot.

James McLees

I cannot believe P3D releases matter in this..   :wink:

When you first power on the GTN 750, and stop on the test page, does the HSI show the glideslope indicators "half up"?

If not, there is a problem..

If yes, try flying the KTPA, R01L LPV approach via PIE.

Fly at 2600 ft AGL on the autopilot in NAV mode until the glideslope indicators

become active when passing FITPA.  Then hit APR on the autopilot.

Bert

Thanks for responding Bert. The HSI does show the glideslope indicators on the test page. Still no indicators during the approach. Loaded and activated the 01L LPV approach via PIE with NAV engaged at 2600. Lateral guidance is perfect, aircraft does the procedure turn at FITPA, turns and lines up to cross FITPA for the approach. LPV is indicated in green, CDI on GPS, NAV in the autopilot. Once again the glideslope indicators fail to appear and the plane follows lateral guidance only. Since they appear on the test page, my guess is there is a problem with data. When loading an approach, the LPV is present along with all the others, but, when looking for it under CHARTS, it is not there.

James McLees

Hi James,

While I use the 650 - I can confirm that LPV does work with the182...

Did you run the "A2A Updater" to make sure you have the latest release/fixes for the 182 ? I know that's always the first thing the A2A guys mention when troubleshooting...

The last LPV I've flown in the 182 was into KMSV RNAV RWY15 via WECOL - and it worked like a champ...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Do you have the GTN installed in any other airplane for a test?

If you run the Garmin GTN trainer by itself, can you find the chart?

The approach does have a chart in my GTN navdata..

Bert

Same results in the Turbine Duke, test is okay, no vertical guidance on approach. The trainer has the exact same data as the unit in the planes. When selecting an approach to fly, I see for example, RNAV 01L LPV, however, under CHARTS, it's RNAV 01L. LPV is not added to the chart. I don't know if it makes a difference because when looking at the Skyvector charts for KTPA, LPV is not on the chart there either. I now think that it's an error with the unit after update after update without a full reinstall.

While I use the 650 - I can confirm that LPV does work with the182...
Thanks Scott, I'm sure that I'll get to the bottom of it. Good to know that LPV does work in the 182 for someone.

James McLees

James I flew the approach in P3D v3.2 / Skylane / GTN 750 - and the the LPV glide path balls appeared, and the APR mode flew the skylane down vertically.  I have Flytampa scenery and I flew the approach from PIE as well.

About a mile from FITPA, the glide path balls started to come down and at that point I pressed APR and the autopilot flew it down.

Confirm your GTN says TERM, then goes to LPV in green in the bottom?

What navdata are you using?

lpv01ltpa.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Make sure GTN is not suspended. Can you show a picture of the GTN on the approach?

Steve Aull

Steve Aull

Confirm your GTN says TERM, then goes to LPV in green in the bottom?

What navdata are you using?

TERM then LPV affirmative

1405 (latest for the GTN Trainer afaik)

Make sure GTN is not suspended. Can you show a picture of the GTN on the approach?

The OBS changes to SUSP during the procedure turn (FITPA to FITPA), then back to OBS once crossing FITPA the second time.

James McLees

I have an idea - PM me with your email address

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Okay I didn't have the latest installed. Had it, but installed the older one when I moved to 3.1. Hopefully that'll do it. Will try after work. Thanks Ryan, I will if it doesn't work.

James McLees

Thanks everyone, it's working perfectly with the 1504 navdata.

James McLees