Sign in to follow this  
JROD8796

20 FPS INCREASE

Installed the newest GeForce drivers 364.91 using the DDU tool for a clean install and everything is fine - as always. I guess this old driver 353.30 isn't ok for W10.

Spirit

I have to try that out by my self. Currently on the latest driver (364.72) and performance, especially with dense clouds, is rather poor.

I can only encourage you. I went back from 364.72, too. The difference when aiming at clouds was drastic.

I can only encourage you. I went back from 364.72, too. The difference when aiming at clouds was drastic.

What driver are you currently using then?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hmm that sounds ... interesting , I also have some problems with overcast scenarios.

I just thought it was P3Dv3.2 and ASN , REX that had change things like visiblity and cloudsize.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Installed the newest GeForce drivers 364.91 using the DDU tool for a clean install and everything is fine - as always. I guess this old driver 353.30 isn't ok for W10.

Spirit

Where is this driver?

We have the same setups, are those drivers you linked good for Win 10 64?

Sorry, Angelo. I'm still on W7 (64).

Tried it out. Did not gain a single FPS.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Im using W7/64 myself but there's a 353.30 for W10

Now THAT'S interesting.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

I can confirm this as well. Overall performance is better with 353.30 on P3Dv3.2 (/w 6700k and 980Ti here)

link for the drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/86504/en-us

353.30 just tested with W10/64 and its not a bad driver overall. I might stick with it for now because it seems to perform better with clouds. Very very smooth . (CYVR maxed out)

In CYSE (every option on in control panel) i am getting anything between 22-40fps maxed out except building shadows off and medium dynamic reflections using A2A Comanche250

But it does not increase FPS (actually i think it is 2fps below)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

353.30 just tested with W10/64 and its not a bad driver overall. I might stick with it for now because it seems to perform better with clouds. Very very smooth . (CYVR maxed out)

In CYSE (every option on in control panel) i am getting anything between 22-40fps maxed out except building shadows off and medium dynamic reflections using A2A Comanche250

But it does not increase FPS (actually i think it is 2fps below)

Michael Moe

Michael, I know we share quite a similar setup. May I ask you what FPS you achieve (in cockpit) sitting on 28R/L at FlightBeam KSFO HD in the NGX? Either with or without FTX NCA activated.

I remember this scenario being very smooth for me in P3D v3.0 with almost steady 30 FPS. Now, in v3.2 with equal settings, I experience an overall 6-7 less FPS in same scenarios. Cycling between Nvidia drivers does not help.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth