Sign in to follow this  
Jrs2189

Fail q400 out of date error

I have installed FS2Crew and run it for several days w/o issue. However today I get this error.

Fail  q400 out of date, in red when I load up my fs2crew panel.

By all accounts I'm using the latest q400. V1.018c  and version 2.0 of the FS2Crew panel.

Is there something I can do get these in sync? I've reinstalled the latest v1.018 q400 and still get this error.

My FO stops at originating flows and doesn't do anything.

Thanks.

The FO won't be able to "read" anything out of the sim with the Fail message.

What did you change on your system if it just started out of the blue?

I'd re-install the Dash 8 and FS2Crew again... cleanly... but ensure your anti-virus is excluidng the FS/P3D folder.

Sometimes anti virus updates can nuke critical files.

Be design, though, the FAIL message should only appear if you don't have the latest hotfixes installed for the Dash 8 aircraft.

Just did this whole process again:

I uninstalled fs2crew

then the plane.

I reinstalled q400

Updated both patches, .017 and .018c

I reinstalled fs2crew.

Same result, Fail q400 out of date

There were no changes made between yesterdays flights and todays, when I started to get the error. I do not have any antivirus running. I'm pretty bummed, the 3 flights that I did complete with fs2crew were spectacular. I also did not get any errors when installing either q400 or the fs2crew, they appeared to install successfully.

Well I did activate some scenery and ran my orbx AEC auto configure, but I didn't think that was worth mentioning since it was scenery based. No errors at all with that process, and is a regular thing for me to do depending on my flight.

There were no changes made between yesterdays flights and todays, when I started to get the error. I do not have any antivirus running. I'm pretty bummed, the 3 flights that I did complete with fs2crew were spectacular. I also did not get any errors when installing either q400 or the fs2crew, they appeared to install successfully.

Something changed somewhere... software doesn't usually just break down or wear out like a cart part...

Are you downloading the Q400 and all updates from Just Flight?

Check the panel.cfg file... make sure there are no double entries or anything for FS2Crew...

Yeah it is definitely strange. I was running v.016 of the dash with FS2crew just fine for a few flights, maybe an hours worth of running it. After I saw the fail message I then updated v017 and v018c.

I downloaded the Q400 fromwww.flightsimstore.com This site does not host the updates, so it directs me back to majesticsoftware website client area; which has the 2 updates only on my client page.

I'm hesitant to reinstall the dash again as I have only 1 more install allowed (I'm assuming I can talk to majestic if I need more and explain the situation)

Is there a way to confirm which version fs2crew is recognizing from the Q400?

Thanks for the help.

Yeah it is definitely strange. I was running v.016 of the dash with FS2crew just fine for a few flights, maybe an hours worth of running it. After I saw the fail message I then updated v017 and v018c.

I downloaded the Q400 from www.flightsimstore.com This site does not host the updates, so it directs me back to majesticsoftware website client area; which has the 2 updates only on my client page.

I'm hesitant to reinstall the dash again as I have only 1 more install allowed (I'm assuming I can talk to majestic if I need more and explain the situation)

Is there a way to confirm which version fs2crew is recognizing from the Q400?

Thanks for the help.

Send me a Support Ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

Cheers,

Just an update...

We solved this...

Solution is to wait 20 to 30 seconds after the Dash 8 cockpit loads prior to opening the FS2Crew Main Panel.

If you're running a lot of stuff in the background, you need to give the Dash 8 some extra time to initialize.

Cheers,