Sign in to follow this  
Guest Midnight LS1

The new PSS 777 shots...

Guest Pyjamas

>I didn't think my silly question was worth starting a new>thread...but. I see that according to their press release>that the 777 is *imminent*. Imminent as in:>>im

Guest pixxced

This has to be the worst shot of them all. Bad way to show off the external model. Look at the bad gear tilt and bad contact points. 2D cockpit graphics look good.http://www.avsim.com/pages/1005/frontpage/pss_777/777-08.jpgSorry, yes the external model definitely looks like it was developed for FS2000. Lack of detail is showing up. PSS needs to improve their external texturing for the price they charge. Hope those jagged textures aren't in the final release. I'm surprised they didn't opt to use the same main gear wheel texture they used on their original 747-400 and on the A320.... :-/ Remember that?Paying $5/Euro/pounds for a livery wasn't fun then nor is it now. Pix

Guest aarskringspier

Ive got a weird feeling the model that will be released is going to be much improved; ive never bought anything from PSS and dont forsee me ever doing so but I cant imagine they would be foolish enough to ignore the reaction to their model on many, many forums.

I think the jaggies are from the system this is running on, not have AA/AF turned on in hardware

Guys Avsim, JustFlight, and Flight1 will give PSS the proper promotion and press to get the sales they need regardless. I'm sure PSS isn't worried about how well their product looks as the wheels of promotion at JustFlight (Boxed Version) and PCAviator are already spinning wildly...I'm surprised by the level of promotion PSS is getting on this product already. JustFlight is already talking about a boxed version when usually a product sits on the market for a spell (get's a couple of patches) before this happens. Yes we have our Altitude Concorde packages but we have many occurrences like FeelThere's Caravan that is just now getting a boxed edition. Guys I feel what you see is what you

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest aarskringspier

Never know; there forum stated that since these pictures there have been many changes made to the model which werent reflected. Mind you I still wont buy it unless there are some great reviews but Im with holding judgment that these are the final look until its released.

PSS, you spent 5 1/2 months going this far **backward** in exterior modelling? What happened to you?I would consider Captain Sim the best at exterior modelling, followed by PMDG and then LevelD. And PSS, you are now way behind these guys in my book.The only way I'll buy your 777 (my favorite aircraft type), is if its systems modelling is first class and frame rates are good, and she's a sweet flying bird. That way I can just ignore the fact that she looks like a toy! (If you were a sport, you'd make it so we can graft on the MelJet model. Come on now! ;-)

Guest NormanB

>Well reading their website it clearly stated they were headed>into Beta testing; unless PSS beta is different then theyve>locked the development meaning what you see is what it is.It doesn't say we are in beta, merely that beta approaches. We are not yet feature locked.

Guest NormanB

>Wow for 45 buckaroos it better be on the level of Level D and>PMDG.Speculation. We have not mentioned our price point anywhere, simply becuae it has not yet been set.

Guest NormanB

Pix,>This has to be the worst shot of them all. Bad way to show>off the external model. Look at the bad gear tilt and bad>contact points. 2D cockpit graphics look good.I will happily hold my hand up to that one. I had been flying an approach, took a shot and then slewed to the gate. I never looked at the fact the bogies were still tilted. My bad.>Hope those jagged textures aren't in the final release.If you look at things like the piers you will see similar jaggies. Hey, I used to play quake with no textures to throw the frame rates as high as possible ;)The screenshots, generally, were taken and released, because many people constantly ask. There has to be a balance, and it is a fine one, between remaining within an NDA and marketing a product. Of much more benefit to a developer though are threads like this one.Rest assured that we do listen.

Guest NormanB

Daniel is a wise man.The reason for the shots is that we were spending so much time answering peoples requests of when we would release shots.The shots were taken over the development to date so will of course have changes, both during the shots taken thus far, and the final product.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Norman:That's great, that's why I started this thread in the first place, to get your attention to what I think is a necessary upgrade. Again, perfection is by no means the expectation, but I think if you guys get going you can come up with a good rendition of the 777 so we can fly this one without coming up with a merge.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Guest aarskringspier

The price was taken directly from Just Flight your publisher. if its incorrect then I would suggest having them remove it. But my statement still stands; even if you charge 35 bucks for it youve og to live up to the standards of Level D's 767. The bar has been raised quite a bit with airplanes like the ATR, 767, 747 etc. Im willing to pay for a great and detailed add on, but it has to be just that. Great, detailed and accurate.

Guest Coneman

>I'm sure PSS isn't worried about how well their product looks>as the wheels of promotion at JustFlight (Boxed Version) and>PCAviator are already spinning wildly...>If they aren't they should be. Look at all the missed sales in this thread alone.Todd