Sign in to follow this  
wakashi

Navigraph Extension pack causing major FPS drop!

Hello all, I have been using the Carenado S550 with Navigraph extension pack for several months now but all of a sudden I am getting a major FPS drop when I turn on the avionics switch.  It will drop from the mid 30's to below 5-10 and the sim turns into a slideshow with the avionics switch on, if I turn off the avionics FPS jumps back up.  Reinstalled both aircraft and navigraph pack with no better results. Without the updated navigraph there are no problems.  Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wakashi

Welcome aboard :). Have you installed any aircraft from Carenado recently which use Navigraph? When such aircraft are installed the phenomenon you describe is common.

Thanks, no new navigraph aircraft, just one Carenado aircraft w/o navigraph. What seems strange is that I used it for months and everything was fine then one day I loaded up for a flight and the sim was like a slide show it was so jerky. I have tried the security settings that Careando support page suggested but that didn't change things. Thanks again for the response &I the suggestion.

Just to be sure, I recommend you check the date on Carenavigrah.dll in your FSX root directory and the date on Carenadonavigraph folder to see if any date correspond to the new Carenado aircraft that was added. Your symptoms sound so much like something caused by changes there.

Thanks, I'll give that a check as quick as I can, seems a bit like it may have started somewhere around the time I added the second plane. I appreciate the advice so far.

Thanks, I'll give that a check as quick as I can, seems a bit like it may have started somewhere around the time I added the second plane. I appreciate the advice so far.

Better yet. Make a backup copy of Carenavigraph.dll then just change the name in the FSX folder to something different like maybe Carenavigraphold.dll, then try reloading the Citation S550 and see what happens. I completely abandoned the Navigraph for the GTN 750 so my dll is permanently disabled, but it is replaced when a Carenado aircraft is installed.

I have thought about getting the GTN750 but have put it off so far, how is it working for you and is it difficult to install? Does it work with the Citation 550?

I have thought about getting the GTN750 but have put it off so far, how is it working for you and is it difficult to install? Does it work with the Citation 550?

Works great. I don't fly anything in GA or bizjet anymore without the GTN package. Easy to install. In the S550 the best approach is to head over to the S550 forum and find the reference to the mod package put together by one of the guys. You will find out a lot over there.

Thanks for the help Silverheels2 , I will let you know if what you suggested works or not!

I had both the Hawker and the Phenom 300 work perfectly with Navigraph data and cycle 1604. Now I did the mistake to install a fresh copy of Windows and Prepar3D in order to get rid of many leftovers from the upgrade from 8.1 to 10 and the fps drop is back. I also changed the permissions but to no avail. I have no clue why it worked on the old installation but doesn't on the new one. 

Hans

I had both the Hawker and the Phenom 300 work perfectly with Navigraph data and cycle 1604. Now I did the mistake to install a fresh copy of Windows and Prepar3D in order to get rid of many leftovers from the upgrade from 8.1 to 10 and the fps drop is back. I also changed the permissions but to no avail. I have no clue why it worked on the old installation but doesn't on the new one. 

After some time of trial and error, what else, I found the solution (must have forgotten it over the past months). If you have a user (admin or not) running your sim you have to give THIS user the full control over the carenavigraph.dll (and even better the whole Prepar3D folder). Assuming that there are the following standard users in your permissions list (Authenticated users, SYSTEM, Administrators, Users) it is not sufficient to give the Users group full control. Add the user which usually runs your computer (e.g. JohnDoe) and give him full control even if this user is an administrator. Don't know if this only happens on my installations but maybe it helps people struggling with the navigraph issue.

Hans

Thanks hjsmuc, I will give that a shot since nothing else has worked except for the installation of the GTN750 and that has made the airplane enjoyable again although I would like to be able to use the plane "as purchased" occasionally.

On 4/12/2016 at 4:17 PM, hjsmuc said:

After some time of trial and error, what else, I found the solution (must have forgotten it over the past months). If you have a user (admin or not) running your sim you have to give THIS user the full control over the carenavigraph.dll (and even better the whole Prepar3D folder). Assuming that there are the following standard users in your permissions list (Authenticated users, SYSTEM, Administrators, Users) it is not sufficient to give the Users group full control. Add the user which usually runs your computer (e.g. JohnDoe) and give him full control even if this user is an administrator. Don't know if this only happens on my installations but maybe it helps people struggling with the navigraph issue.

How do you add the user? Did this solve your fps problem?

Hello,

I experienced the same problem on the FSX after the installation of the Navigraph Extension for the Carenado PA-46 Meridian G1000. Before the navigraph Extension I had 50+ fps, after it only !!0.8fps!! When switching off the avionics it goes back to round about 20fps. 

Did someone find a solution for that problem? 

I could also fly without the Extension but only that allows to put SIDs/STARs in the G1000....

I already tried giving all users the full permission on the carenavigraph.dll but it didn’t help.

Kind Regards, 

Tim