Sign in to follow this  
jandjfrench

Flight still available from MS

Hi,

I wasn't aware that the core game could still be downloaded from MS but I found a link provided by Scruffyduck over at FS developer from Oct 2014 that still works.  I'm downloading on an older computer right now and although it's extremely slow it's working.  

Here's the link: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9800616

Jim F.

Hi,

I hate it when I make a mistake like this.  The post I referenced was by "rhumbaflappy", a Moderator at FS developer.com.  Scruffyduck replied with a post expressing agreement with comments regarding the excellence of Flight.

My attempt to download Flight from the link I posted failed after downloading 1.4 GB of 1.8GB sometime between 4 and 5 hours.  I suspect that the server is using a 33K dialup modem that someone found lying around.  Well maybe 16K.

Jim F.

Hi,

I successfully downloaded from the link that I posted previously.  Took over 3 hours.

I don't have a GFWL account on the computer I downloaded the program to, so it didn't automatically update my career achievements  I think I'll hold off creating an account for awhile in case I, or anyone else, thinks of anything to check.  Without logging in only the Icon is available and 3 or 4 missions, aerocaches, and challenges. It's not the original Flight but the update that referenced Alaska and has the updated Opening screen.  Let me know if anyone would like me to check anything prior to logging in or creating a new account.

Jim F. 

Hi,

I wasn't aware that the core game could still be downloaded from MS but I found a link provided by Scruffyduck over at FS developer from Oct 2014 that still works.  I'm downloading on an older computer right now and although it's extremely slow it's working.  

Here's the link: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9800616

Jim F.

Hi

If you looked at the first pinned topic, you would have found the same link provided by KavindaJD, and which I used to download Flight two months ago, I had no problems with speed though. I used Flight toolkit to download my content, cos the content was not being available through GFWL client at that time. Now it is again.

-eelis-

Hi,

Any link that involved getting Flight using the GFWL client didn't work for at least the six weeks prior to March 25th.  I checked just about every day.  And if you don't have a GFWL account you couldn't download it anyway.  Links on the client which pointed to creating an account didn't work. I thought I had tried every link I could find without success.  While reviewing posts at FS Developer I found the link that allowed downloading the core game without an account.   It seemed to be working so I posted the link with attribution.  Whenever I find something that I think may be of interest to .others and acknowledge the source.  I'm sure there are a lot of things that I've missed or overlooked but I am trying to be helpful.

Jim F..  

The instructions I linked don't involve downloading Flight from GFWL, it just involves installing the newer version of GFWL than the Flight installer will install, and then installing the standalone installer version of Flight.