Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

P3D not working anymore, files got deleted!?

The use of the EMT is a timebomb. Yes, it works and may work just fine BUT I have seen this behavior on many systems. It can totally mess up your system.

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

That's just MHO.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

When using Estonia Migration Tool, I would recommend to disable redirection when you are not installing anything that has no P3D installers (or if you are not running add-ons that require the legacy mode to function properly). Also, I would deactivate most of the "features" that are listed in the MigrationTool.cfg file.

Guest Mik75

I have unistalled the EMT, and after I´ve seen these countless and messed up dll files and the mixed up cfg files, I won´t touch it again!

My question is, can these vanished pln files be a consequence of EMT´s uninstall?

And then, I discovered some interesting things! The P3D.cfg was a complete mess, with the "Trusted" and "Graphics" section from my FSX.cfg! And FSX didn't start anymore, because it's been more or less a complete P3D.cfg!
I used the Estonian Migration tool to install some scenery into P3D, and actually, everything worked quite flawlessly. But I discovered all sorts of mixed files (dll.xml, etc.) from FSX in my P3D install, and vice versa.

When you Install FSX,   it will create 3 folders in Microsoft   AppData\Local + AppData\Roaming + ProgramData.   And 1 folder in Documents "Flight Simulator X Files"

When you Install The Migration Tool,  It will create its own folders in the same Locations,  Thus turning off your REAL FSX folders by renaming the folders to  .backup

In some cases it can get a bit hairy after that  :smile:  

I recognised, that all pln files within the Flight Simulator X Files folder (that´s where I import my flightplans from PFPX into), are gone.
Could that be related to the uninstall of the Estonian Migration Tool, or is there just something wrong that is causing files to disappear on my system?

That is a strange one all right Michael,  from your earlier post about having icons disappear,  when you get to the bottom of that one it would be interesting to know