Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Should ASN and REX eat this much fps?

Well, after upgrading to 3.2 im having issues with fps. With both ASN and REX Texture Direct i used to have around 25-30 fps on ground and 30-55 in air. After updating im down to 15-20 on ground and 30 in the air. Almost impossible to take off and land. Tried turning off ASN in air and i got back to around 50 fps. I then played around with the weather in P3D and set it to rainy with clouds. Got down to 30-35.

Any ideas why its dropping that much in 3.2? Is there any settings i can change?

Edit: Im running this on Windows 7 with i7-4790K and GTX980.

There are quite a few threads that already discuss this issue. It's to do with the change in cloud size. Go back a few pages and you will find a thread with a solution to manually change the cloud size back to the default value.

Or you could wait for the REX update that includes the option to set the cloud size.

There are quite a few threads that already discuss this issue. It's to do with the change in cloud size. Go back a few pages and you will find a thread with a solution to manually change the cloud size back to the default value.

Or you could wait for the REX update that includes the option to set the cloud size.

Which was just released today.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

If I have REX Essential Plus, does the hotfix apply to me? I see it is for Texture direct 4 and soft clouds, I have essential plus so it is confusing. Let me know thanks.  

Quite nice with the latest update, I think.

2016-4-5_18-11-5-633.jpg

If I have REX Essential Plus, does the hotfix apply to me? I see it is for Texture direct 4 and soft clouds, I have essential plus so it is confusing. Let me know thanks.  

I don't think so. Only for TD and Soft Clouds AFAIK.

• Upvote 1

Hans

Hans, GREAT snap!

Angelo, as Hans stated, Hotfix 2 is only for Texture Direct, Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds and Soft Clouds stand-alone.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

And how do I adjust this properly? Just playing around with the slider? Or is there anywhere written which value gives the best performance?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

And how do I adjust this properly? Just playing around with the slider? Or is there anywhere written which value gives the best performance?

0.5, of course.

Thanks, will try it.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS