Is there a upcoming newer version of track ir or should I just go for track ir5? Been wanting to get track ir for a while now just not sure if I should wait for something better or maybe VR?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards

Before you commit to TrackIR, consider getting FaceTrackNoIR with a ready made LED clip. The whole thing, including the webcam, should cost no more than £50 (even less if you make the clip yourself) and is indistinguishable from TrackIR in operation. A new version of FaceTrackNoIR (v200) has just been released (donationware now rather than free - but still very inexpensive) which seems even better than the old version. It works with any game that supports TrackIR so you have nothing to lose (and a lot of extra cash to gain!).

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The whole thing, including the webcam, should cost no more than £50 (even less if you make the clip yourself) and is indistinguishable from TrackIR in operation.

FaceTrackNoir not even close to TrackIR5, possibly ok if you are strapped for cash but there is a reason TrackIR sells so well (and or so much)

Is there a upcoming newer version of track ir or should I just go for track ir5? Been wanting to get track ir for a while now just not sure if I should wait for something better or maybe VR?

No idea if a new one is in the works but I don't know why it would be - it's pretty refined already and hard to see what they could improve. So yes, I'd recommend it.

Someone else said EZCA - yes, but it's not really an alternative to TrackIR. Same with VR - a very different thing to TrackIR.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

FaceTrackNoir not even close to TrackIR5, possibly ok if you are strapped for cash but there is a reason TrackIR sells so well (and or so much)

Sorry to disagree but I've compared them both. I was about to buy TrackIR 5 (so it wasn't specifically a cost thing) when I read about FaceTrackNoIR. I initially tried just the face tracking option which, whilst it does work in perfect lighting, is not great. When set up properly, there really is no noticeable difference between them. I would agree with your comments if you just use the face tracking plugin but if you use an LED point source with the PointTracker plugin, it's just as smooth and responsive as TrackIR. It's also highly customisable and has the full 6 degrees of movement that you get with TrackIR 5.

The reason TrackIR sells so well is that most people don't realise there is a comparable, inexpensive, alternative. If they have heard about it, they assume it can't be very good because it costs so little.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks for all the responses guys. 

Yes I already have Ezdok.

I have looked into Facetracknoir. However it doesn't seem to work with EZCA at the moment and I cant fly without it. It works fine with P3D but cannot be used with EZCA?

Nevertheless I don't really have the time to build a DIY Led tracking unit period so I think I'm going to go with Track IR.

Regards.

A new version of FaceTrackNoIR (v200) has just been released (donationware now rather than free - but still very inexpensive) which seems even better than the old version. It works with any game that supports TrackIR so you have nothing to lose (and a lot of extra cash to gain!).

Does this new version work with EZCA though?

I have looked into Facetracknoir. However it doesn't seem to work with EZCA at the moment and I cant fly without it. It works fine with P3D but cannot be used with EZCA?

Nevertheless I don't really have the time to build a DIY Led tracking unit period so I think I'm going to go with Track IR.

Does this new version work with EZCA though?

I don't have EZCA so can't help you there.

With regards to making your own LED clip, you don't need to. Have a look here: http://www.delanengineering.com/. They will sell you just the clip or you can go for a full setup.

I'm sure you'll be pleased with TrackIR if that's what you opt for. I can't imagine using FSX without head tracking.

I don't have EZCA so can't help you there.

With regards to making your own LED clip, you don't need to. Have a look here: http://www.delanengineering.com/. They will sell you just the clip or you can go for a full setup.

I'm sure you'll be pleased with TrackIR if that's what you opt for. I can't imagine using FSX without head tracking.

Yeah I don't know how I managed without it for so long. I plan to use it for other games as well.

Apparently facetracknoir still does not support the latest version of EZCA so I already purchased Track IR. Its on its way now. They dropped the price to $145.99 by the way.

Thanks for all the help again.

Regards