Sign in to follow this  
ark

Lear35 SDK?

Would it be possible to make SDK information for the Lear35 available as other developers have done for their products? This would make it much easier for users to tailor their hardware environment to the operation of the aircraft and increase the immersion experience. Understandably, the Lear35 is currently very mouse intensive and SDK information would facilitate the use of switch panels, the keyboard (which for some users may be easier or more convenient to use than the mouse for some operations), etc.

The availability of an SDK would also encourage sales in my opinion. Great a/c!

Thx,

Al

I fly using TrackIR and a rather unremarkable hardware setup (pedals, throttles, yoke), and even then it is a real pain to operate certain switches and controls using the mouse when quick action is required, e. g. operating the spoiler switch after touchdown or the yaw damper disengagement button shortly before touchdown.There are things that in the real world a co-pilot would do or you would just reach out and "feel" and operate the respective switch/button without actually having to look at it.

Some things react to default FS commands (like the spoilers or rudder trim), but the switches in the cockpit would not reflect that action, some things don't react to FS controls at all, so I've dumped myself the current LVARs and cooked something up using FSUIPC scripting so that I can assign the most inconvenient mouse actions to my hardware buttons and have them work properly, but an official interface would make things a lot easier and future-proof.

And yes, the Flysimware Lear35 is a really great bizjet addon that IMHO deserves a lot more attention from the FS community. I personally have long been waiting for a Learjet that not only looks great (this is where most developers appear to stop nowadays) but also has a reasonably realistic flight model and a deep systems simulation within the constraints of a flight simulation.

Dave P. Woycek

I've also taken a look at the Lvars and managed to come up with Lua scripts that can be initiated with a keyboard key or yoke/throttle quadrant button for things like operating the thrust reversers, turning on/off the taxi and landing lights, toggling between the steering modes, and for the autopilot NAV, HDG, GS, ALT HLD and AltSel buttons/functions. However, unfortunately I have not been able to get the autopilot VS and SPD functions to work via a key or button (I can manipulate the buttons but think I need some a/c specific control codes to engage the FD), which is an issue for a number of simmers I know.

Being able to adapt ones own hardware environment and needs/limitations to the a/c greatly enhances the flying experience.

Al

Yep, I also gathered that the autopilot functions are custom coded, so without an official interface, we're probably out of luck here.

At least the Lear's autopilot panel is directly in front of the pilot's face and does not require big view changes to operate in the VC.

Dave P. Woycek

Agree on the autopilot pilot custom coding. After further testing of the scripts I wrote for the autopilot I've come to the conclusion they only partially work, so back to the mouse clicks at least for now.

Al

Is anyone got the IAS and VS buttons to work with key or is there any news about this, I have the Saitek Multipanel and I have tried to get them to work with the Spad.Next a couple of days?

So frustrating