Sign in to follow this  
GWC123

iFly 747 Support?

Looking into purchasing the VRInsight MCP Combo II. Only plane in my hanger I'm still looking for compatibility is the iFly 747 v2. Is there support for this plane? Have searched around, but haven't found any definitive answers.

Thanks,
Gary 

Looking into purchasing the VRInsight MCP Combo II. Only plane in my hanger I'm still looking for compatibility is the iFly 747 v2. Is there support for this plane? Have searched around, but haven't found any definitive answers.

Thanks,

Gary 

Hi Gary

As far as I can see there is no module for the iFly 747, just the iFly 737 and PMDG 747. You iFly 747 will register as a Default aircraft which will work with the MCP2 panel but there will no special functions available. I suggest you try the available aircraft as I can not forecast any future development for a iFly 747 module unless there is high demand.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Scot,

Thanks for the quick reply. When you say no special functions, what do you mean by that?

Scot,

Thanks for the quick reply. When you say no special functions, what do you mean by that?

The downloadable aircraft modules have functions written to perform the correct actions for that aircraft. For example, rotating the Baro Knob on the MCP2 panel will call a decrease or increase function to change the Baro setting within the aircraft addon. The module normally provides a wide range functions implementing most button pushes and Knob rotations. You can see what I mean by downloading any module and using the LINDA Editor to inspect the actions.lua file (stored in FSX/modules/linda/aircrafts/{your aircraft}.

The default actions just cover those implemented for default FSX aircraft like the C172 and Beechcraft B58. That is what I mean as nothing special. They are not normally sufficient to control the complex operations of civilian airliner simulations and, in many cases, will not work with the most sophisticated aircraft addons.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks for the input appreciate it! I decided to go with the GoFlight MCP for the wider support and from what I've read much better customer support! I even received a phone call this morning thanking me for my order