Sign in to follow this  
Bloodbunny

Default buildings at addon KABQ

Was browsing freeware addons the other day, and found Matthew Derr's new KABQ scenery, just updated back in January. How great is this! I've always thought that KABQ should get the payware treatment, but this is nearly as good..

Anyway. soo I install, and what do I find? The ugly default terminal building clipping through the new beautiful terminal. Everything else was as it should be, no extra control tower, no runways sitting underneath or just above; even the jetways and AI parking were in the right spots, but that terminal building was there like a monolith.

Knowing that stuff like this is typically caused by other .bgl files, I dutifully go about looking for duplicates. I deleted the KABQ.bgl file from MyTraffic, and searched the rest of my FSX install for others. All I found were ABP_KABQ.bgl, AEC_KABQ.bgl, and APT_KABQ.bgl, all of which are related to FTX_Vector and have to do with leveling terrain. Just to try it out, I disabled them, and found that the terrain went bonkers, with huge hills on the runways, and...you guessed it, the default terminal still sitting there, clipping through in all it's gray monolithic glory.

SO, with only one KABQ .bgl file loaded (other than default) I am still getting the default terminal. I spent nearly 8 hours combing through forums, looking for information, finding that UTX moved a few airports around, so I checked, and found that KABQ was not among them. I disabled ALL of my addon scenery, save for Matthew Derr's KABQ scenery, and still got default buildings... Only after going for broke, and disabling "202 Base" scenery, did the default terminal disappear. Unfortunately, 202 base affects a lot more than just KABQ, so that is not a realistic option.

Any ideas? I'm about to pull my hair out over this, and have tried pretty much all of the typical stuff.

Specs/Addons (that might affect KABQ)

FSX-SE

UTX-USA 2.1

FTX Global

FTX Vector

MTX

Cliffs: KABQ addon displaying default terminal, tried a ton of stuff but still can't fix. Help please.

You have to run the Vector config tool, the airport correction scanner that finds your other afcads and deletes vector afcad files. Do thisafter installing any other addon scenery

Never change vector files manually

Hi Folks,

I've only made airports for FS9 - the very first step was using SBuilder or ADE to lay down an "exclude" to remove all the default buildings - could the author have forgotten the exclude ?

KABQ - I could use that - thanks for the heads up...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

ABQ was upgraded in the Acceleration package.

It appears this addon was created without the Acceleration package.

It looks fine to me on a PC without Acceleration installed, yet on one with Acceleration I see lots of buildings that I don't think are supposed to be there.

Normally I would say that Scott's method of creating one big exclusion rectangle in ADE is not the proper path to take. Even in this case I believe it should be avoided.

First, a few words on how ADE works.

When you load a stock airport in ADE code is written to exclude everything from the stock airport that can be excluded.

For every scenery object a micro exclusion is created to remove the stock item, then the stock item is added back into the file.

When you open a stock airport in ADE, then create a big exclusion rectangle to remove stock items, you are overlapping exclusion rectangles and this sometimes doesn't work as expected.

The proper way to use ADE would be to open a stock airport, then open the scenery object list.

From there you could select all, then delete them. This is how ADE was designed to work.

For this addon, if you have ADE, you could "Open Airport from BGL" and select KABQ_ADEX_MD.bgl from this addon.

If you go to the View tab and check Exclusions you will be able to spot all of the micro exclusions. For now, leave them be.

Next open the Scenery Objects list, click on Select All, then Edit.

In the User Comment field, add something, anything such as "addon" or "xxx" will work. Close the list.

Now got to Tools > Load Stock Data and select Scenery Objects, then OK.

After this process is complete go back to the Scenery Objects list.

Hint: the lister column headings are sort buttons, click on the Comments button.

This will ensure that the items with comments are in one block and those without comments are in another.

Select those without comments. Click on the top item, then hold down the Shift key and click on the last.

Then Delete them.

Compile the airport and make sure the original KABQ_ADEX_MD.bgl file is disabled by changing the extension or moving it out of that scenery folder. I usually just make a new folder in the scenery folder and put those kinds of files i the new folder.

This process should (I have not had the time to test this) fix this addon so it can be used in Acceleration.

regards,

Joe

• Upvote 1

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Wow, thanks everyone for the fast response. I suspected that Acceleration might have been the cause, but given the recent release of the addon, I thought that no one was still using FSX without Acceleration.

The issue now is that I can't use ADE without the SDK, which didn't come with the Steam Edition. I have an old copy of FSX Gold sitting in some old box in the garage, but IIRC you can't simply pull the files off the CD, so I'd have to do a totally new FSX install just to get the SDK files... not doing that.

Perhaps someone with the SDK could kindly make the edits (with the author's permission of course) or failing that, getting in touch with the author and having him do it.

If the author does not have Acceleration he will not be able to fix this.

You do not need to install FSX to install the SDK.

You can install the SDK as per- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29

Or you can go to Lockheed Martin, register and get the P3D V1 SDK and use it.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Was browsing freeware addons the other day, and found Matthew Derr's new KABQ scenery, just updated back in January. How great is this! I've always thought that KABQ should get the payware treatment, but this is nearly as good..

Where did you find it? The only version I see on Avsim in v1 dated Oct 2105.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Where did YOU find it? LOL

I am just finding the 10/15 version

Eddie
KABQ

flightsim.com file library

file name-

albuquerque_intl_kabq_version_2_00.zip

sigbar.gif