Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

FaceTrackNoir Question

The words "Commercial Use" on the camera image is normal.  The image should not be dark but I believe your version of the PS3 Eye camera has the IR filter removed to work with the Track Hat so I do not know if that affects the brightness of the camera image.  Try adding more light aimed at your face.  To continue testing you want to see the yellow outlines on your face.  Press Start and move your face close enough until the yellow outline appears on your face in the camera image.  If you get that far, the tracking is working.

If you like you can try using your Track Hat but change the Tracker Source(1st = Master) to PointTracker 1.1 and under settings make sure all of the settings are correct.  There are four tabs of settings for the PointTracker.

No matter which tracker source you use (faceAPI = Face Recogntion or PointTracker = InfraRed Tracking) once you press Start in FaceTrackNoIR if everything is working you should see the yellow square grid with a head icon in the black area above the camera image start moving as you move your head around.

Continue testing using only the FaceTrackNoIR software as there may be additional steps to get it working with FSX.

Todd

The PS3 Eye for Track Hat is highly likely to have had a filter added to block visible light, which would explain why the image is so dark.

It is unlikely you will have success using a camera set up for IR Head Tracking with the Face Recognition that needs visible light and vice versa.

If your camera is working as you say it is, I suggest you turn on your Hat Track IR LED's, verify they show up, then you can work on fine tuning the camera in the Point Tracker settings.

For FaceTrackNoIR to work best with LEDs, you want the background to be dark so that only the LEDs show clearly. You say you have a dark background, which is good, but do you see the 3 LEDs in the FaceTrackNoIR Video Widget screen? If you do, I would refer you to my previous post about setting things up.

With regards to "Commercial Use" showing on the camera image, this normally only appears when you use the faceAPI tracker source. To use FaceTrackNoIR with your Track Hat, you must select PointTracker as the tracker source.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

In FSX there's a lot of flickering or blinking. There's no up , some down and about forty-fives degrees right and left.

In FSX there's a lot of flickering or blinking. There's no up , some down and about forty-fives degrees right and left.

Have you checked that the webcam is picking up ONLY the LEDs and that it continues to pick them up as you move your head? It sounds as if FaceTrackNoIR is losing tracking. Make sure that you set up and calibrate your webcam as described in my earlier post. Once you have smoothish movement in all directions you can look at adjusting the curves but get the basics working first.

Just in case it helps, here is a copy of the FaceTrackNoIR .ini file I use with my hat and PS Eye camera in FSX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmpttozj4f8lb2a/FSX_Cap.ini?dl=0 - you don't need to log in to Dropbox to download it. Copy it into your "Program Files (x86)\Abbequerque Inc\FaceTrackNoIR\Settings" folder. When you run FaceTrackNoIR, load it (FSX_Cap.ini) in the Profiles box. You'll need to re-calibrate for your hat and webcam at some stage.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I believe I finally got it. No flickering or blinking in FSX. Everything was smooth. Right, and left was great. Up and down is very limited . I tried it with the Eaglesoft Citation X with no crashes. Next will be the PMDG Aircraft so that should be interesting.Can I use EZDOC in conjunction with it ? I will do some adjusting later since it's after midnight. All of you guys have been so helpful. You have no idea how much I really appreciate it. Thank you so much!

I believe I finally got it. No flickering or blinking in FSX. Everything was smooth. Right, and left was great. Up and down is very limited . I tried it with the Eaglesoft Citation X with no crashes. Next will be the PMDG Aircraft so that should be interesting.Can I use EZDOC in conjunction with it ? I will do some adjusting later since it's after midnight. All of you guys have been so helpful. You have no idea how much I really appreciate it. Thank you so much!

Great news! To adjust the amount of up/down movement, go into the curves setting page and adjust the output (vertical scale) for pitch up and pitch down to get the amount of movement you want.

There are supposed to be some problems between EZDOC and FaceTrackNoIR but you could try the solution in the last post on this thread: http://www.simforums.com/forums/solved-facetracknoir-and-ezdok-117_topic41281.html - it's an old thread and I don't have EZDOK so can't confirm whether or not this still works.