Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Boeing OPT

Unless you have the configuration files provided to you by an airline, it won't do anything.

Not as far as I know. I believe you have to log in to an airline's system with it or otherwise be provided with the data by them. Given that the data in question will be airline (and even airframe) specific and worth multiple thousands of pounds, I can't imagine it is going to be just hanging around for unauthorised use.

Note the note:

*** This application requires configuration files, performance and other databases, available separately. Contact your Boeing representative for details. ***

I doubt most of you all have a Boeing rep.

Kyle Rodgers

Be great if it was available in such a way for PMDG. That app looks amazing to use if you have the necessary data.

Vernon Howells

I doubt most of you all have a Boeing rep.

I actually contacted Boeing to inquire about purchasing options– and they even bothered replying to me:

Dear Mr thepilot,

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we are not able to sell our software solutions to individuals.

Kind regards,

Samantha Solomon
  • Like 1

Dear Mr thepilot,

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we are not able to sell our software solutions to individuals.

Kind regards,

Samantha Solomon

"We are not able"? Got to love corporate speak. 

It's their app, so what she really means is that, "we are unwilling".  :-)

Ernest Pergrem

We actually use it and I will say it's expensive. Boeing actually manages the configuration files and kick them out based on the regular AIRAC cycle. We use it as a back up for W&B and performance data on our Boeings when ACARS is unavailable. I believe it's too expensive for flightsim use. The config files are not available through the internet, I have to load them to our EPUBs server so that our Boeing guys will receive them during their EPUBs update. 

• Upvote 1

Great to hear back someone has tried to ask mr Boeing! That app looks amazing to use and would enhance the simulation by far.

Vernon Howells

"We are not able"? Got to love corporate speak.

But at least they responded. :smile:

Everybody is free to download the demo version from the App store. You'll notice just by that this is a lot more than only some basic number calculation. Of course it would be great to have some selfmade performance file for flight sim that doesn't need to be 100% accurate.

On a related note, LIDO used to have a version like this where you could buy a set 40 airports (including updates) and you got to use their actual pilot app (mPilot). Bought it for 20€ or so some time ago.

Better than paying for topcat!!!

I think the app and configuration files would be a little more than the 18 Euros I paid for TOPCAT in May 2010.
  • Upvote 1

That app looks amazing to use and would enhance the simulation by far.

How so?

Apart from the fact that it's on an iPad, the calculation process and data that you get back isn't going to be substantially different to what TOPCAT will give you.

Apart from the fact that it's on an iPad, the calculation process and data that you get back isn't going to be substantially different to what TOPCAT will give you.

Correct yes, but i should say for ME. TOPCAT does use similar feautres but nothing like that app, that app shows you the airfield and runway and predicts your LDR for situational awareness. its little thibgs like that. AND also you can use the fuel part and W&B unlike TOPCAT

Vernon Howells

AND also you can use the fuel part and W&B unlike TOPCAT

I don't see anything about fuel. What "fuel part" are you writing about? I see a tab for Weight and Balance but no detail. How is it different from TOPCAT?