Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

Best GA VC?

Guest Paragon

Hello,Having been out of the "fs9 game" for a while I feel a little left out. I would like to buy a GA which has a VC with the smoothes gauges in todays market. I haven't really been "shopping around" as I don't know what to look for, so I thought I would ask you guys and what your opinion is.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carenado 182 or the Dreamfleet Baron.XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

RealAir Marchetti is fantastic, but still I use the Dreamfleet Beech 58 and 36 a lot more, among other things because of the advanced avionics and the incredible RealityXP GPS.

Dreamfleet Baron 58 or A36... http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest aarskringspier

DreamFleet A36 or Baron 58....Is there an echo?

Dreamfleet Baron & the RealAir Marchetti SF260, as well as their Spitfire, have the smoothest guages. The Baron has some excellent navigation gagets with the Reality XP systems, and the Marchetti has a clear sliding canopy for un-obstructed views.Go for more than one. Most around here......do!:D

Guest Alan van der Vyver

Hi!The RealAir SF260 is just great in every respect, including the smoothness of the virtual cockpit. Even if you finally decide on something else, you must take a look at this and read some reviews on it.regards,Alan.

Recommend the Cessna Skylane 182 RG II by Carenado and Dreamfleat Baron A36. They have been the best on my P4 2.4Ghz Dell 8250. If you have a faster pooter it will be even better.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Paul Heaney

I don't have the Baron, but the A36 is Sweet!

The Baron is nice. Flyies like a dream. This is 2D only related as I don't like VC.JimCYWG

RealAir SF-260 Marchetti.Not only smoothest gauges, but also best framerates...Makes for great flying in the VC.www.realairsimulations.com

Bert

Yes, the suggestions made so far are all great. So it comes down to what kind of GA aircraft you want...Aerobatic: RealAir Simulations SF-260 Marchetti or SpitfireSingle Engine GA: Carenado 182Twin engine GA: Dreamfleet BaronTwin-engine Turbo prop: Aeroworx B200You need to choose a sim that suits your system. The RealAir birds are legendary in terms of smoothness and frame rate friendliness and are really excellent for all systems. On the other end of the scale, Aeroworx have produced an outstandingly detailed sim but it can require moving the scenery sliders back a little to get good frame rates. Likewise the Baron can be hard on frame rates with the full VC cockpit, reflections and all. I find I need to crank it back to the simpler VC to get a reasonable result. So its a matter of style and performance when you choose among payware GA aircraft.Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest wildfire563

Is the DF Baron non-realityXP version as framerate unfriendly realityXP?I'm more of a steam gauge kind of guy anyway (masochistic?).Thomas

RealAir SF-260 Marchetti.The Dreamfleet A36 gives me awful framerates - worse than any payware addon I have.Has to the the RealAir aircraft!Adam

Guest Paragon

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll go have a look at the planes and see what I like best...does any of these offer a money back guarantee if I decide that it's not to my liking?