Sign in to follow this  
SWVA4420

Thinking of getting this now that I have the GTN750...

Hi All,

Having recently purchased the F1 GTN750, I'm now thinking of getting this airplane (with mods by The Mod Squad :wink:).....

Can anyone confirm that it works without issues in P3D v3.2 and FSX-SE? (My FSX-SE is standalone, so all refs are to FSX on my system).

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Can anyone confirm that it works without issues in P3D v3.2 and FSX-SE? (My FSX-SE is standalone, so all refs are to FSX on my system).

I can confirm it works just fine with P3D v3.2. Don't  have FSX-SE installed (its on the shelf)

Just remember, the GTN750 is sold separately,  one version for P3D and another for FSX or FSX-SE.

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for replying.  I pulled the trigger on it...have it installed in both P3D and FSX-SE....loads up fine in both...haven't flown it yet.  Yes, I know the GTN750 is a separate purchase for FSX/SE from the P3D version.  I am waiting to hear from Bert and Janek for their respective mods to the jet....

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Blake

I'd recommend Bert's mods. I tried to combine both Bert's and Janek mods, but was unsuccessful. As for the ISG1 I found too many issues of incorrect interpretation of the underlying aeronav data that caused the FMS to incorrectly follow an approach path. This mostly had to do with turn right or turn left commands that resulted in a waypoint at  0 degrees Latitude and Longitude. 

Yep, I have it installed in FSX-SE as well. GTN750 with Berts mod, never looked back

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards Bert's mod for FSX-SE, as it's so good for P3D....but it requires shelling out another $50 for the GTN750 for FSX-SE....

Jim Blake

Just in case you are not aware, the mods currently being worked on are for the CJ2, not the S550...

Yeah, I'm leaning more towards Bert's mod for FSX-SE, as it's so good for P3D....but it requires shelling out another $50 for the GTN750 for FSX-SE....

Just curious why your running 2 sims?

ZORAN

Hi Flapsdown - yes, I know, and I've been participating in that for the CJ2.  I went ahead and bought the GTN750 for FSX(-SE) as well, and am using Bert's 750 mod for the S550....I also have Janek's ISG mods for it.

Hi Zoran - because there are numerous aircraft and some sceneries for FSX(-SE) that will not work in P3D without using the Estonia Migration Tool, which I don't want to use.  Some aircraft won't even work with the EMT in P3D.

Jim Blake