Sign in to follow this  

Aerosoft Airbus checklist hangs after engine start

Too often the Airbus checklist stops working during engine start and pushback and there is no way to fix things. I can load the taxi state but then I can be sure take off will be screwed up or cruise. Is anyone else having the same problems with that checklist? I just restarted a flight from scratch two times (so I tried it three times in a row, starting all over again everytime) and everytime the checklist failed. Never been as bad as this.

Sometimes I really utterly totally hate this hobby. A nice evening screwed up by an addon that refuses to do what it should do. What a total waste of time.

Yep, if things don't work exactly as expected, the checklists hangs up and

may start again at any later time. I haven't even found a way to stop the

checklist after it does this, and it would be really nice to be able to stop

it saying "Baro reference" or something else over and over again.

I am considering to get FS2Crew because of this. Can anyone compare the checklist

to FS2Crew?

Peter

So at what item does the checklist hang? Do you engine start during pushback? What selection of pushback do you use i.e. AES, GSX, etc.?

Usually get the Wait sign as the GSX guy completes the pushback cart unhook. then the system starts the After Start Checklist.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

The checklist usually hangs after starting the engines. Ground tells me it's okay to start, I start engine 2 and engine 1 (while pushback is in progress) and both are called out by the copilot (btw I only have the pilot checklists enabled). After the engines have started the pilot should say so but that doesn't happen and from there on it remains silent. 'Starting engine 1' is the last thing I hear.

I am using the Airbus pushback option but also without pushback (engine start only) it went wrong. I don't use AES or GSX.

Do you get the "Engine 1 stable" announcement?

Try it with the co-pilot flipping the switches and see if it hangs. If it doesn't then you'll know you are missing something and its not the Bus.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I was a Beta Tester for this aircraft (guess I still am... :wink:) , and I don't recall this happening with version 1.31 so long as the procedure in Volume 2 was followed. It's likely that the copilot script is waiting for a particular action to take place before it will move on (as a script, things have to be done and done in order otherwise it will hang).

The only time I used the Copilot was for testing, and I'd encourage folks to omit using the copilot function after they've learned the aircraft procedures - faster, more flexible and can help to learn more about the aircraft and how the systems function.

I hope this has been helpful, and send my very best to everyone!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

When you start engine 2 first, are you waiting for it to stabilize before starting engine 1?

Do you get the "Engine 1 stable" announcement?

No, "Startin engine 1" is the last thing I hear.

The only time I used the Copilot was for testing, and I'd encourage folks to omit using the copilot function after they've learned the aircraft procedures - faster, more flexible and can help to learn more about the aircraft and how the systems function.

I never ever used the copilot because it takes way too much out of my greedy hands. :wink:

When you start engine 2 first, are you waiting for it to stabilize before starting engine 1?

Good one, no I don't. I usually start Engine 1 before Engine 2 is stabilized. Usually this doesn't give me any problems.... well, so I thought, but maybe that's what causing my problem. I just had a look at the tutorial pdf and noticed it says that you can start Engine 1 as soon as Engine 2 N1 is above 20%. I will do just that.

Yeah my AS Airbus is fine unless I start the other engine too quickly, so perhaps it's that? Although that's pretty obvious when it happens on the N1 inidcators.

the baro reference thing, you can just leave the qnh blank on the approach page, when you cross through the transition altitude just push B and you will never hear that bug again

Greg, you are my hero of the day!!! This was it! As I posted in my previous reply the tutorial says you have to wait with starting engine 1 until Engine 2 N2 is above 20% so I just started a flight and decided to take some extra time and waited until Engine 2 N2 was <50% and then I started engine 1. Almost at the same time I got the message Engine 2 was stabilized and the checklist proceeded without any problems! Engine 1 was stablized, I had to set the parking brake and so on. Great.

But well... of course this has happened before so I decided to test if this REALLY was the problem: I quit P3D, restarted it and set up the exact same flight, ran through all procedurs again but this time I switched the engine 2 and 1 on directly after on another, so within a second. And yes... the checklist stopped! Nothing happened! Both engines were stabilized, pushback had stopped, but the checklist did nothing anymore!

Apparently the checklist script is waiting for Engine 2 to reach a certain level with Engine 1 still being turned off so... to test if this was indeed true I decided if I could force the script to proceed by turning the already stabilized Engine 1 off again, which would give the checklist script what it presumably wanted. And yes: as soon as I turned off Engine 1 I immediately heard 'Engine 2 stabilzed". After that I started Engine 1 once more and the checklist proceeded without problems.

Thanks for setting my on the right track!!!

You should get FS2Crew

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You should get FS2Crew

David, do you own FS2Crew for the A320? If yes, could you comment on the differences?

Thanks,

Peter

The script waits for Engine 2 being stabilized as it's normal procedure to start Engine #2 first (unless a single engine taxi will be performed, then it's Engine 1 first).

Happy Flights!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.