Sign in to follow this  
LOT737

SSTSIM Concorde is released!!!

Guest fruitfly

>...PMDG 737,747-LDS 767-Citation X, ** P-51,B-17-Flight 1>ATR-Aeroworx King AIR,Conquest 2-Dreamfleet 727-RFP>747-Aerosoft a-10 sh-60- F2SX F-117- Real air-ALL- Cloud 9>f109 A dozen or so more but you get the idea.>Fsgenesis full world mesh, Active Sky, Night enviroment- Bev,>Radar Contact,Flight Enviroment-Ultimate Terrain-FDC Live>Cockpit and Passengers.... No FSPassengers ??????? Quite strange if I might say so...http://web.mit.edu/invent/www/ima/images/i...dy/ma_intro.jpg

Most will only get her up to 54,000ft and that's on a good day. 60,000ft is a really good day...I found this out the hard way.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

i got the Altitude Concorde when it first came out but later got the PSS version, i think i'll dig out the CD and get the update version, can't go wrong for $12.50.

>You can do what you want.>>But, to me thats like buying an expensive fine wine, and>pouring it into a plastic mug.Here in Chile, fine wine is not expensive, and it still tastes the same (fine, that is) coming out of a plastic mug...I've also had rocks thrown at me for things like admitting to using acceleration at cruise. Who cares...I've logged thousands of real-world hours of oceanic crossing time, and there is nothing more boringly mind-numbing in this world (and on each crossing you hope that to remain the case). After about 4 hours, you find yourself telling/hearing the same jokes and war stories, and the caffeine starts losing its effectiveness. Try sitting in your recliner for 8 straight hours with a vacuum cleaner running about 10 feet away, and drink a couple pots of coffee while you're doing it. Oh yeah, great fun, that. If some self-annointed realism cop wants to tell me how things really are, I'll take it all with a grain of salt after I'm no longer doubled-over laughing at him/her. If the real Concorde WERE still flying, they'd be retrofitting it with a GPS soon, just like just about every other overwater bird flying these days. The MNPS standards are too strict, and the penalties too severe, to blow off having that capability any more.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Paul you

FS2020 

>Most will only get her up to 54,000ft and that's on a good>day. >>60,000ft is a really good day...>>I found this out the hard way.Yes, I understsnd this(as a developer should) but, as part of the certification, Concorde had to be proven at FL650 to be able to operate up to FL600 with passengers.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpgwww.sstsim.com

We'll JimJam this is as close to a flying a real Concord as anyone's ever going to get from now on. A far cry from a Cessna 182. Let me know the next time you get to sit in the captains

FS2020 

Guest JIMJAM

Yeah Ive been around planes since I can remember. I like my sims the reason I like to fly R/C, to take a break from reality. A misread number,one click to many in a dark shakey cockpit and you break out of the clouds into the side of a mountain or some trees. I never enjoyed showing up an hour early to preflight,30 minute taxis, eating room service and sleeping in a strange bed. So if a sim offered them I would choose to skip em.But back on topic.I got in a few thousand mile plus flights with the Concorde. Really a nice plane. I just got BEV so the sim has a fresh new look to it. The only real tricky part I found is the climbout betreen 30 and 40 grand. This is where I seem to get behind the power curve and its hard to regain airpeed so Im having to do it in steps. The highest Ive been is 50 at m 1.89. Not entirely new territory though. My sr-71 has got me jaded doing mach 3 at 80 grand.

Hey JIMJAM. Glad your getting some mileage.Just a little tip. I see your having some difficulty mainting speed on accel and climbout.Make sure before engaging MAX CLIMB you are right on top of the barber pole. Anything less, and you will somewhat have a potential to be on an opposite power curve. Also, as soon as you depart, not necessariliy waiting to out of 250kts and 10,000....go ahead and get Concorde right up to the barber pole, and keep her there.Aproxx 400 kias.Finally, make sure on climbout, your fuel is moving AFT. Before going supersonic, it should be 55%.Keep an eye on the temps as well...if it's a HOT ISA+ day...you will loose some performance.You should be able to accelerate to Mach 2.02 at anyrate. Much faster than Mach 1.89.Wehn you get a chance, perhaps read the little section in the tutorial about the procedures for supersonic. You'll ge tthe hang of her soon, then you'll be whizzin across Mach 2 in no time!Glad your having FUN! :-)Best,David

JimJam all you have to do with the Concord after takeoff is use the autopilot. Once you get past 10,000ft (set autothottle to 250 and altitude to whatever ATC clears you for if you use the default planner. Reheats need to be off even after 10,000ft, I

FS2020 

bob,Well said, and I understand! I have no time but am hoping to be a pilot some day, so for me I do not use time acceleration because I want to practice for if I ever get a chance to do the real thing. I am sure it is boring and you wouldn't want to relive that.Anyway, if I may ask, did you move to Chile to fly? Just wondering as I'm looking around to find the best chance I can get to get into bigger aircraft than a 22k a year job but only after 1200+ hrs.

>>Once airbourne though, FL640's the limit! :D :-lol>>Best regards,>Vulcan.>>Concorde SSTSIM Beta Team.Vulcan,I'm afraid I have to take you to task at that remark?The SR-71 flew higher and longer than Concorde. My freind who flew in the Blackbird told me that it had a FL85000 cieling mainly because it was using special fuel (JP-7).To my best knowledge, Concorde used ordinary aviation fuel and was limited to FL600.Blackbird flew on the edge of space, Concorde was well under that level.At FL640 there is very, very little air for the engines to work on 'AV-Gas'. If you attained this height during beta testing, then this is a 'bug'.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Dillon,Sorry, but I'll have to correct you on the proper climbout and acceleration to M2.01 and hopefully this helps JIMJAM as well.This is a very condensed version and requires AFCS and fuel transfer knowledge to make it work.TAKEOFF-CLIMBOUT-SUBSONIC CRUISE- Reheat is used on takeoff and turned off at 500'RA(Radio Altitude) unless a noise abatement procedure is used and then there is a specified time until turning off reheats. Make sure you are past 240 knots before reheats are turned off. Reheats are then not used until acceleration. - Concorde used high speed below 10,000' to enable a higher rate of climb and reduce the time in the high drag environment below 300 knots. Departure clearance usually had Concorde slotted into their routes enabling the crew to accelerate to VMO(350-400 knots) below 10,000' and a 'No Speed Restirction' climb below 10,000' was the norm. - After takeoff and getting the gear, nose and visor up, you can accelerate to VMO(Barber Pole) and maintain the barber pole in the climbout. Recommended AFCS settings on climbout. MAX CLIMB, HDG TRK or INS for navigation. AT primed and Altitude set to FL280 and ALT ACQ primed. WARNING-Do Not engage the AFCS in MAX CLIMB unless you are within 5 knots of VMO(stable) or there will be pitch/speed hunting.- At M0.7 start moving fuel aft to 55% CG(subsonic cruise CofG)- When acquiring FL280, the AFCS will switch to ALT HOLD from MAX CLIMB. The AT will go from Primed to IAS HOLD and the Nav mode will remain unchanged. Mach at this time should be M0.93 to M0.95.SUPERSONIC ACCEL- You should be stable at FL280, CofG at 55% and speed at M0.94(nominal).- Set altitude to FL600, Disengage AT's(Auto Throttles) on AFCS, set MAX CLIMB and prime ALT ACQ. Advance throttles to max power and ensure the AFCS is commanding a climb to maintain VMO.- At this point engage the reheats in pairs and start the clock timer(15 min limit on reheats).- Start AFT transfer of fuel.- Climb-Accel should stabilize at VMO. - At M1.7 or 15 mins reheat time turn reheats off in pairs and stop timer. prime AT. The remainder of the accel is without reheats, using max dry power.- Your climb/accel rate will vary depending on OAT, whether it is +/-ISA. In +ISA conditions, the climb/accel will take longer. -ISA conditions will result in better performance. In high +ISA conditions it may be possible to reach TMO(Max Operating Temp) of 127 degrees C causing the AFCS to control the speed to prevent an overheat of the airframe.M2.0- When acquiring M2.0, the AFCS will automatially turn on MAX CRUISE and MACH HOLD on the AT(primed at M1.7) along with MAX CLIMB. You will be around FL490 and leveling off with CofG around 58.5% going aft. MACH HOLD will remain engaged for 110 seconds to stabilize everything at M2.01. - Once stable at M2.01, after 110 seconds, MACH HOLD will drop out and the only AFCS modes should be MAX CLIMB and MAX CRUISE. The AT's will slowly advance to max dry power and you are now in the M2.0 cruise/climb regime. - Under normal ISA conditions, you will slowly climb while burning off fuel. If ISA goes up or down this wlll effect the cruise/climb and the AFCS will command a climb or descent to maintain M2.01 or TMO.- Depending on OAT/ISA and final weight, you will usually end up higher than FL550 and rarely get to FL600.Hope this helps peolpe get to M2.0!Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpg