Sign in to follow this  
MrFreezeJr

Flight Director Enabled after loading 200LR or 300ER

Need some assistance on Flight Director (I believe) Not sure what is happening, This never used to work this way and cannot think why this has changed.  Now whenever I load the 777 from the Scenario Setup, the plane loads (starts its countdown top of page) and then A/T starts up and the plane starts rolling down the runway without any interaction on my part.  My throttle is over ruled anytime I make changes to it.  I've noticed if I disable FD or turn off A/T the throttles it will not take over. I've tried changing the   A/T Manual Override to all values and monitor but A/T still kicks in and takes over. 

(reviewing page 92 on PMDG manual).  I believe that if the plane started out with Flight Director disabled when loading this might work again.

With that, how does one disable Flight Director at startup?  I have checked the settings (Aircraft Specific Settings) within the PMDG Operations Center and have reviewed all. 

One other thing to note, all of my other payware planes do not experience this behavior....therefore I believe that this is only happening on PMDG 777 LR and ER versions.  I have tried reverting one of my old aircraft configs (from several months ago but this did not seem to help).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Now whenever I load the 777 from the Scenario Setup, the plane loads (starts its countdown top of page) and then A/T starts up and the plane starts rolling down the runway without any interaction on my part.

Hi, MrFreezeJr,

Please explain precisely what "Scenario Setup" you are using to begin.  I'm not really sure what you mean by "Scenario Setup," so please explain.

It is certainly possible to have a startup panel state that won't have the autothrottle engaged or FD on, but it sounds like there is some problem with the way you are starting.

Also, PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hello Mike777,

Prepar3D Scenario Setup (first page that loads when you start Prepar3d v3.2  (if you have the checkbox enabled "Show At Startup").

It allows you to Change Vehicle, Change Airport, Change Location, Time and Season:, Load Flight Planner. 

Just to mention I typically will choose Flight Planner, select my airports and then generate routes.  Once that is finished, I will load the config and it will ask me if I want to move the plane to the new location.  I choose yes.  So routes are loaded in the FMC. 

I had Prepar3d v2 originally and decided to migrate to Prepar3dv3.  I then added all of my addons and utilities to P3dv3.  Once finished, I was configuring my route planners to apply my routes into the FMC.  I was thinking that this issue could have started when using PFPX and topcat to automatically apply routes, fuel and weights to the FMC, or it could have been when using AvilaSoft EFB to import routes via WideFS FSUIPC.

As mentioned earlier, this was working normal---for about a week--and then I started encountering the problems mentioned in my earlier post. 

I was also wondering if there was a way to reset the FMC back to defaults? . It seems that I cannot delete some of my routes via FMC as well (but I'm a rookie at the FMC) so it could be I overlooking something.  I'm not sure if topcat or EFB somehow got the FMC into a state that is not correct any longer?

Thanks,

Anthony Snow

Prepar3D Scenario Setup (first page that loads when you start Prepar3d v3.2 (if you have the checkbox enabled "Show At Startup").

Hi, Anthony,

I don't use P3D, but it sounds like the opening screen is similar to the one in FSX. I think it's quite likely the problem you have comes from the panel state you are loading. I could be wrong, but I don't think your addons are at fault. I don't see how an addon flight or load planner could activate the autothrottle.

It sounds like your aircraft is loading with a panel state saved with the autothrottle engaged in some high thrust mode (such as TOGA). On the CDU screen, click on Menu>PMDG setup. Click on "Startup State." I'm not at my FS computer right now, but I think you can see the name of the panel state currently set as the default startup state. Choose one of the PMDG supplied ones by clicking on the key to the right of the blank for "startup state". Try either "777 Default" (which will start you with engines running and everything else ready to go) or "777 Cold and Dark". The next time you start P3D and load a 777, it will load with the panel state you have selected. Hopefully that will fix the problem. You can also load a new panel state immediately by clicking to the right of Panel State Load and choosing one. That should immediately fix the problem, but you need to change the startup panel state to fix it permanently.

You may have to put up with the plane going at full thrust while you make the startup panel state change. You may be able to stop the thrust by turning off the autothrottle arm switches and both FDs. Otherwise, even with the joystick throttle set to "always override," you will have to continually hold down the F2 key or repeatedly move the joystick throttle to minimum, to decrease the thrust when the A/T is in a thrust mode like TOGA.

If changing the panel state doesn't fix the problem, you may need to deactivate the addons.

You should be able to delete a route in the FMC by entering a new (or the same) origin airport, if I remember correctly. You can also try entering a different destination.

Hope this helps!

Edited:

Another thing that occurs to me is that you need to set a default aircraft as the startup aircraft that shows before you switch to the 777. This should be explained in the PMDG manual's installation instructions for P3D. If a 777 shows up at the startup screen before you switch to the 777, you are likely to have issues.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Dear Mike777,

I have found out what the problem was.  You had mentioned PanelState, so I took a look at the folder /PMDG/PMDG77X/PanelState and found that there was a lot of sav files I would say about 10 or so.  I backed them up and then removed them from this folder.  After that I started Prepar3d again and when the plane loaded this time it did not engage the A/T and start rollin' down the runway by itself...very frustrating to say the least.  Thank you for the assist!  Much appreciated!

Oh one thing to note:  Loading 777 DEAULT.fmc, 777 CLDDRK.fmc, 777 LONG or SHORT (and applying them...pressing exec)  did not make a difference.  I should say CLDDRK DID turn off everything and when pressing the FMC menu and saving the settings, still had the same problems when exiting out the app and then restarting.  I would have the settings loaded within the FMC saying 777 CLDDRK was the startup profile but it would be the completely same scenario...i.e. the plane would be powered on and would start to roll down the runway at full throttle ahead.

Anthony Snow   

what is  your  default  start up aircraft?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg