Sign in to follow this  
RW1

High Altitude Airports & Bizjets

Can i ask some of you Bizjet fliers, with the expected release of Orbx Telluride and Aerosofts Aspen i really wanted to get your thoughts on which jet to get.

1) Carenado`s CJ2

2) Eaglesoft`s Citation X

I`m persuaded to buy Ron`s CX2 because i had the FS9 version and it was fantastic, but with the Carenado CJ2 just released i see there is some nice user updates soon to be released and i have the GTN750. I really want to enjoy a loop of airports KJAC-KEGE-KDEN and of course the new release upcoming`s.

Cheers, and thanks for your thoughts.

tpewpb-6.png

You may want to consider the f1 mustang as well. Eaglesoft has the systems but its bit graphically challenged

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

You may want to consider the f1 mustang as well. Eaglesoft has the systems but its bit graphically challenged

Of course i had forgotten the pony! i`m wondering what the performance hit is with the G1000 though?

tpewpb-6.png

Hi Rick,

I think I recall seeing the takeoff tables in the CJ2 going to 9,000 ft and the max takeoff altitude as 10,000 ft... Even with a turbine - you may have to pay attention to density altitudes and focus on launch times that play to your favor...

I'm very new to biz jets though - so take what I said with a grain of salt...

As I may have mentioned - I'm one of Carenado's biggest critics - however - the recent CJ2 seems like a pretty decent plane and if they follow through with their responses to me via their ticket system - they seem to be addressing most of my gripes... I don't have the GTN750 - so I am basing my comments on the default aircraft and FMC... 

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Even though the OP has opened "Pandora's Box", I wish to throw in my 2 pennies. In FSX, the only business jets I flew were the ESDG Citation X and F1 Cessna Mustang. While waiting for Eaglesoft and Flight 1 to join "our party", I purchased 3 Carenado business jets. Today, I only fly the ESDG Citation X and F1 Mustang in Prepar3D. There's a reason they don't crank out their products on a monthly basis. If your system runs Prepar3D without issues, it should definitely be able to handle the G1000.

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

I'm one of Carenado's biggest critics - however - the recent CJ2 seems like a pretty decent plane and if they follow through with their responses to me via their ticket system

Thank you Scott for the info.

it should definitely be able to handle the G1000.

Thanks Vincent, i had a look at the F1 Pony in P3d on youtube last night, looks good.

tpewpb-6.png