Sign in to follow this  
kirdec

Saitek multi panel knob problems +P3D +majestic Q400

Hello,

I am a new user of LINDA and Saitek multi panel (SMP), Thank you very much for this wonderful program which improves a lot the sim experience and thanks for the support.

It is a shame that Saitek does not provide such incredible software despite the price of the hardware. (ok I stop moaning).

However I have some little problems with my SMP, maybe you would be able to help me to find a solution.

here are informations that I hope will help.

1.LINDA application version 2.6.8.
2. LINDA module name and version: Majestic Dash 8 Q-400 v2.3.
3.  Prepar3D (P3D) version:P3D 2.5.12946.0
4. Aircraft model and version: Majestic MJC8 Q-400 pro 1.018

5. I'm trying to operate saitek multi panel (SMP) but the rotary button is not responding very accuracy.
6.  1.the knob button is not very accurate and there is a latency, it is very slow to change the CRS or ALT or CRS I need to turn the knob a lot to move few degrees,           is it possible to increase the speed or to have an accelleration after few turns of the knob?
    2.The ALT modification is very slow it takes long time to increase or decrease ALT and the Saitek panel displays ALT in meters not in feets, is it possible to change it?
    3.The buttons on the SMP does not light when they are "on" in the SIM is there a way to make it happen?

Thanks for your help.

Kirdec

I have a similar problem with all rotary know functions.  It works, but increases extremely slowly so its practically unusable.  Same issues in all aircraft, including default FSX ones.

Hi Havoc ,

Well, I have found that if you install SPAD  v5.0.1 ( http://fstools.weebly.com/), you'll be able to manage the rotary knob speed and to get a decent speed to use it in the sim.

it is still possible to use Linda and to program the SMP buttons trough it.

the dark side of that is that the altitude displayed on the Saitek Multi panel display is still in meters and not in feets, however you can still use the altitude on the PFD within the Simulation.

Hope it will  help, and probably someone will be able to solve the display problem.

Kirdec

the dark side of that is that the altitude displayed on the Saitek Multi panel display is still in meters and not in feets, however you can still use the altitude on the PFD within the Simulation.

That must be based on a setting somewhere as it is not at all the case for me.  I use a Saitek Multipanel and mine clearly reads altitude and VS in feet, not meters.

In regard to controlling the MP, also check out Spad:Next, a successor to Spad that has been developed by another programmer. There are a number of threads already here on Avsim discussing Spad:Next.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Guys

I have been reworking the Saitek panel mechanism within LINDA and provided the option to disable/enable the display output in the GUI under Settings. I accept there is an issue for the speed of knob input which I have yet to resolve and there is a latency in the display response to an input.

I did spot the feet/metre VS issue and applied a conversion. If it remains a problem, please post details (aircraft type, LINDA/SPAD) so I reproduce it.

The main issue I have not been able to resolve is that I can not read the panels status (switch positions) until the first switch/button is pushed. It is therefore important that the user flick a switch or turn a knob before take off. I have had several embarrassing experiences when I used the Multi Panel Landing Gear lever and shutdown all my engines on take off. Not a good idea.

Watch this space.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Guys

I have been reworking the Saitek panel mechanism within LINDA and provided the option to disable/enable the display output in the GUI under Settings. I accept there is an issue for the speed of knob input which I have yet to resolve and there is a latency in the display response to an input.

I did spot the feet/metre VS issue and applied a conversion. If it remains a problem, please post details (aircraft type, LINDA/SPAD) so I reproduce it.

The main issue I have not been able to resolve is that I can not read the panels status (switch positions) until the first switch/button is pushed. It is therefore important that the user flick a switch or turn a knob before take off. I have had several embarrassing experiences when I used the Multi Panel Landing Gear lever and shutdown all my engines on take off. Not a good idea.

Watch this space.

Hi scotFlieger,

Thank you for your reply and more of all thanks for all job do to improve this product and to improve our flight experience.

Kirdec