Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

ORBX - First East Coast US Airport ?

Hi Folks,

FINALLY !!!

One of the ORBX developers (Alex) happened to post that he is actively working on a proper "East Coast" airport - which makes me very happy...

KBHB - Bar Harbor ME - - -  Downeast - land of the rich and famous - big time biz jets - Cape Air - rocky coast lines - lobstah pots - sea gulls - seafood - fog horns in the morning mist - light houses - the smell of pine and salty ocean breezes - and plenty of boats...

Maine - the way life should be...

LOL - I like Maine - I'm stoked...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

do you happen to have a link?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi Michael...

For some reason I can't "paste" here on AvSim...

It's in the official ORBX forum - under "Freeware Support" embedded in the "Martha's Vineyard" thread...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks, found it, that's well-hidden, I didn't suspect it there. And, yes, that's good news, Alex is doing great stuff.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi Michael,

Camouflaged - LOL...

Regards,

Scott 

Thanks Scott,

This is great news !  Maybe we can begin dreaming of an ORBX Northeast NA region :)

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

Hi Vincent,

Yeah - I'm pretty happy with anything on the east coast...

I've been a fan of Cape Air as they have some of the most desirable (for me) aircraft and routes in the north east... For years I've wanted to see a high quality Cape Air C402... I had followed a gentleman on FS Developer - a few years back - who was making the finest C402 I had ever seen - unfortunately he passed away - and his work was lost before he completed it... I saved a picture to drool over now and then...

KBHB is definitely a Cape Air route - maybe someone else will pick up the C402 torch that was dropped...
:)

ec2d1c6ac7dcc41efca2c0457a644d46_zpsn5ej

4b3de2825cd9a3cb2a669db5ce06c656_zps30yo

Regards,
Scott

Love the route map !  Perfect for a future ORBX region.  Thankfully we already have many free ORBX upgraded airports in this region.

I hear what you say about Cape Air and the 402.  I'm more of a jet jockey and focus on Teterboro, Bedford, White Plains, Portland, etc.   Hopefully New England will gain the love that the PNW received . :)

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

Nantucket KACK is suppose to be one of the Orbx Airports up in the Northeast. 3 years ago there was an announcement that made it sound like they were in the fast lane. Check out iBlue Yonder and see if it is still going to be an Orbx airport.

http://iblueyonder.com/thar-she-blows-our-first-official-product-announcement/

Bill Womack was showing off some early work at one time, but it sounds like he has gone off on a tangent recently.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

....ORBX  Teterboro would be great for all the biz jets coming to the party....

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Hi Folks,

I chatted with Bill recently - KACK is still a work in progress for him - no ETA though - would be very high on my list... I've flown in there for real a few times so it's familiar... Got a kick out of all the Gulfstreams on the ramp (please no cease and desist letters for mentioning your name) - must have been around (7) the one time I visited and their horizontal stabilizers were bigger than the wingspan of the plane I was flying...

Hah - Teterboro - I tried that Dr W. Designs one and it's really marginal... I was thinking if I could locate the ground textures files I could make it quite a bit better and make it blend more naturally with "Global" - I know my way around PSP pretty well and I'm familiar with making decent ground textures - albeit - in FS9... I'd like to see a good KHPN for New York...

Corporate Pilots Love Teterboro...

Regards,
Scott

LOVE IT !!!

Didn't even know Brian Wilson obtained his wings :smile:

WAT1460.png

...Great !!!   Thanks for that vid.....    now which developer is going to come with the goods....

Surefire hit

Hi Folks,

I chatted with Bill recently - KACK is still a work in progress for him - no ETA though - would be very high on my list... I've flown in there for real a few times so it's familiar... Got a kick out of all the Gulfstreams on the ramp (please no cease and desist letters for mentioning your name) - must have been around (7) the one time I visited and their horizontal stabilizers were bigger than the wingspan of the plane I was flying...

Hah - Teterboro - I tried that Dr W. Designs one and it's really marginal... I was thinking if I could locate the ground textures files I could make it quite a bit better and make it blend more naturally with "Global" - I know my way around PSP pretty well and I'm familiar with making decent ground textures - albeit - in FS9... I'd like to see a good KHPN for New York...

Corporate Pilots Love Teterboro...

Regards,
Scott

Go for it Scott.....

PS would give the guys at Vatsim NY ATC something to think about...  trying to filter Bizjets through the heavy stuff from KLGA KJFK KEWR etc..   and give us Bizjet jockeys something to think about NAVwise tooo......

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Yeah.. I have the DRZEWIECKI DESIGN Teterboro also.  It's not great, but I still prefer it over default.  I enjoy popping in and out of Meridian FBO with a replica of their Mustang they lease thru their private air charter program N60CP  ...

Corporate Pilots Love Teterboro..

Yeah.. I have the DRZEWIECKI DESIGN Teterboro also.  It's not great, but I still prefer it over default.  I enjoy popping in and out of Meridian FBO with a replica of their Mustang they lease thru their private air charter program N60CP  ...

2unzs0k.jpg

2v1aqm0.jpg

WAT1460.png

For some reason I can't "paste" here on AvSim...

We use the BBC method here at AVSIM for security purposes.  You have to click on the 'link' icon in the menu and then paste the link into the box.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10