Sign in to follow this  
Peech909

Paint Kit Download Link Broken?

Hello everyone,

As of beeing in need of the PMDG 737-800/900 Paint Kit for a freshly founded VA I tried downloading it from the PMDG website. After several tries, even with different pc's I had no luck. The download stops at 218MB instead of the stated ~450MB resulting in a broken .zip file.

Does anybody have an alternative downloadlink available? Or is there any chance that that just might be a temporarily issue?

Greetings

Sebastian

Does anybody have an alternative downloadlink available? Or is there any chance that that just might be a temporarily issue?

If there were an issue that we could fix, it wouldn't have even begun downloading. Sounds like a connection issue of some sort (particularly the case if the different PCs are on the same network). Try a different browser, or utilize a download manager.

Greetings
Sebastian

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey,

has been tested with pc's that are not on the same network and not even same isp's. Tried downloading with chrome, firefox and even edge.. all the same. downloaded .zip has around 215 to 220 MB is is therefore useless.

Hey,

has been tested with pc's that are not on the same network and not even same isp's. Tried downloading with chrome, firefox and even edge.. all the same. downloaded .zip has around 215 to 220 MB is is therefore useless.

Again: full names in the forum please - first and last.

I just downloaded it and it downloaded correctly, even through the very restrictive firewall that is present where I work (won't even let me get to Sixt.com):

paintkit.JPG

As I mentioned earlier, you may need to use a download manager.

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry for the name thing.... And thanks for the help so far but sadly it does not work. Tryed with two download managers and everytime i get a .zip with 218MB and when i try to open the archive it states that the file is corrupt.

Greetings

Sebastian Kramer

Sorry for the name thing....

No worries. Thanks for addressing it.

And thanks for the help so far but sadly it does not work. Tryed with two download managers and everytime i get a .zip with 218MB and when i try to open the archive it states that the file is corrupt.

Something is definitely interacting here. Try clearing your temporary internet files, and check to be sure an anti-virus program isn't trying to mess with the file/download process somehow.

Kyle Rodgers

No worries. Thanks for addressing it.

Something is definitely interacting here. Try clearing your temporary internet files, and check to be sure an anti-virus program isn't trying to mess with the file/download process somehow.

Hmm. disabled firewall entirely and also antivirus program. Restarted the computer and cleared all caches i could fin in all browsers and even windows. Still no luck. Also restarted the router... Still no luck. Filesize still shows 218MB.

Might there be a different link to try? Looks like it is a problem with the file itself on the amazone S3 servers

Greetings

Sebastian Kramer

Might there be a different link to try?

No.

Looks like it is a problem with the file itself on the amazone S3 servers

If it were, then how did I just download it and open it successfully? See the date/time-stamped image in post 4.

Kyle Rodgers

If it were, then how did I just download it and open it successfully? See the date/time-stamped image in post 4.

Well that makes the whole matter even stranger... Also just tryied downloading from my mac and the filesize there is 228MB. The issues is wiered as the same happen if a friend tries on his pc that is on a different network/isp.

Might it be a problem that is related to a specific region like Germany?

Greetings

Sebastian Kramer

Might it be a problem that is related to a specific region like Germany?

It could be an issue with the local AWS node in that case. It's doubtful since they're all supposed to clone across, but "supposed to" in the computing world doesn't always mean "is actually the case."

You might be able to force yourself onto another node by using a specific IP address. The local AWS node (Ashburn, VA) is using [local IP], so you could put https://[Local IP]/PMDG_Downloads/file_library/paintkits/PMDG_737NGX_700_Paintkit.ZIP into your browser and it should use the node here, but it would be slightly slower. I'm not sure if they have any optimization going on that would redirect you back to the local node, but it's worth a shot.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey,

nope, still the same issue.

You actually tried the 800/900 version or the 700?

Cause the 700 is working fine. I'm talking about the 800/900 one

Greetings

Sebastian Kramer

that seem to be the right way...
And tried it and IT WORKS.

Interesting. Must just be an issue with the local node by you, then. Good to know.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Welcome!

Kyle Rodgers

Well i think my edit there was a little late :wink: .

nope, still the same issue.

You actually tried the 800/900 version or the 700?

Cause the 700 is working fine. I'm talking about the 800/900 one

Greetings

Sebastian Kramer

Can anybody confirm that the PaintKit for the PMDG 737-800/900 is corrupted?

Greetings

Sebastian Kramer

I just tried to download the 737-8900 paintkit and the same happened to me.  Only 218MB and corrupt. The 6700 fully downloaded though and was good.  Beats me what's going on, but IT IS going on.