Sign in to follow this  
topfly

Navigraph cycle - 1604 rev.1 Faulty

Have PMDG pilots found Navigraph cycle 1604 rev.1 faulty?

I've observed that Navigraph cycle 1604 (released 2016-03-31) is faulty when flying PMDG.  I understand that this is a Navigraph issue.  Very difficult to achieve landing and erratic on take off and cruise.  

This same issue occurred with previous cycle 1603.  Presumably this was noticed by Navigraph, and a 1603 rev.2 was released.  That released worked.

Work around is to install 1603 rev.2.  Tried it and works ok.

I've notified Navigraph support forum.

Sydney Turner

Alais:  topfly

Very difficult to achieve landing and erratic on take off and cruise.  

Can you be more specific here? If you're having control issues, that's usually a weather issue and not one related to your nav data.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I don't think that the aircraft had inherent control issues, or weather was a problem.  

Looked to me like the navigraph data was not applicable to the PMDG required data.  

LNAV and VNAV were challenged by being of course, and trying to returm on altitude and direction.

The previous navigraph cycle (1603 ver1) was also as wonky as the current 1604 ver1.

Navigraph updated 1603v1 to 1603 v2, (in March...app'x mid month ) and all was good.

After installing cycle 1604 ver1 I (March 31) was back in 1603 v1 same wonky business.

Subsequently I re-installed 1603 ver2 ,and all is well.

Weird!  

Sydney Turner

topfly 

Have you got any routes or SID/STAR that have this problem??

I have been testing all week, and haven't noticed anything.

Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Be careful before you start naming and shaming anybody. I have flown both the 777 and the 737NGX past week without a problem.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Be careful before you start naming and shaming anybody. I have flown both the 777 and the 737NGX past week without a problem.

Menno

relax man, he posted about an issue he had. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I actually just purchased PFPX last night and due to having an older AIRAC cycle on my PMDG birds I purchased a subscription last night to update PFPX and my PMDG planes to matching cycles using 1604.

I did flights from Domodedovo to Gatwick, Gatwick to Zurich, Zurich to Dubai, Dubai to DFW, DFW to JFK, and JFK to LAX in the T7 using ASN and didn't notice any anomalies or control problems.

If there was a problem with that cycle causing issues described there would probably be a lot of posts about it by now in my opinion.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest JustanotherPilot

Topfly,

Can I suggest you do a manual install. I had probs awhile back with the Navigraph auto install and the 737ngx. I downloaded the manual installation which fixed it. Dont know what the problem was, but since then I do a manual update of all my addon aircraft with new Airac cycles.

Worth a try.

Hi Steve,

Good point.

I will give the manual install a try.

Syd Turner

Very difficult to achieve landing and erratic on take off and cruise.

LNAV and VNAV were challenged by being of course, and trying to returm on altitude and direction.

I still find it hard to believe that this ought to be caused by the navigation database. Especially on takeoff and landing, both of which should be completely independent of the nav data, shouldn't they?

As far as LNAV and VNAV goes, they're obviously affected if the waypoints' coordinates or restrictions were way off, but the aircraft would still follow the lateral and vertical profile, as calculated by the FMS, wouldn't it?

Further to Steve's posting I switched from FMC navigraph auto install to manual.  Tested on flight with 737ngx (-800) from CYVR to CYYC.  Plenty of wind flying over the rockies, some turbulance.  Landed RNAV at cyyc.  (tail wind going into calgary at -52.  

Seems to be working ok with switching to manual install.

Immediately after I installed cycle 1606 rev1, my PMDG 747-400  will not get on course. all of my other PMDG  products don't have any issues. On every approach, anywhere, I am lined up far off center and need to take back control manually to land. I am trying to figure out how to manually install 1606 rev 1. I have downloaded it but haven't yet figured out what to do next. I am sure I will. Just wanted to say I have has some issues also.

Keep the shiney side up pilots! :)

Allan Hal

I have downloaded it but haven't yet figured out what to do next.

Next you should visit the Navigraph forum for help on using their product.  it's an active forum and the moderators are supportive.

Dan Downs KCRP