Sign in to follow this  
raymar

CitationJet CJ2 - New Ver (1.1) - Looks like a good fix list

Our friend Barrel_Owl posted the good news just a few minutes ago but it was buried on Page 44 of the Problems thread. I thought I would bring it to the top of list.

For now, you will find the v1.1 using the same download link that you used for the initial v1.0.

Here is the fix list:

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)

CARENADO 525A CITATION CJ2 HD SERIES FSX/P3D VERSION 1.1

Fixes and improvements:

- Improved flight dynamics

- German registration corrected

- Altimeter standby settings fixed

- Standby attitude indicator fixed

- Annunciator panel corrected

- Ground flaps deploy the spoilers issue fixed

- Minor bugs fixes

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< N O T I C E >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

Carenado states that you should perform a full uninstall of your v1.0 and make a clean install with the newe v1.1.

Many of us have installed custom mods and have moved several gauges and gauge folders around and have highly modified panel folders. I have lots of repaints and partial repaints scattered between Steam and P3Dv2.

I am just going to move the entire CJ2 folder from the SimObjects/Airplane folder to a safe place and keep it all together. Same for the P3Dv2 CJ2 folder. My gauges and gauge folder are a real mixed bag so I am also going to use the Window Control Panel uninstaller to assist in the miscellaneous housekeeping. If you go there you will only find a v2.0 (sic) CE2400X FSX/P3D/STEAM - that is your CJ2. Click Uninstall and 3 seconds later you are cleaned out.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< important >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oops, not so quick there, Ray. EDIT: The first user to use the windows uninstall stated that it only removed the P3D entry and left the FSX in place with nothing to click for the 'uninstall'. As stated - you never know for sure.

I guess you will have to manually search for CARCJ2...,CJ2.., GAUGECJ2.., AUTOPILOT_CJ2.., CARPROLINE21_CJ2.., and then and file or folder with CJ2525A in the name in the Gauges folder then delete them manually.

Our friend Karbonicus recommends the following:

Now we have to see which fixes we made are no longer needed.

NOTE: People: The FB post says: Uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version -- I have not installed v1.1 yet.

Those of you who have applied "FIXES", I recommend you also remove the CJ2 Aircraft Folder for any left overs. (or just move that folder out of SimObjects) do the same with any tweaked unpackaged CJ2 CAB gauges (move those folders out of Gauges)

Those who have my TA fix remove the GAUGECJ2525A folder. Then if you have the GTN, reapply the GTN retrofit..

Cheers, Ramon

Best Regards and good luck,

Ray

Control Panel uninstall.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Ray,

Yeah I had to go into the gauge folder & delete those files & folders long with deleting the entry in simobjects,( I could not find the old entry in programs & features probably just missed it the new version did show up.) I installed the new version1.1 & did the gtn mod which installed correctly.(Thanks)  I have not got her into the air yet just wanted to see if the gtn was okay. I will check it out along with the a/p later.

Ron

For P3D v3.2 (all looks good so far...I haven't flown her yet):

1. TA fix by Kabronicus is no longer needed, as Carenado fixed it.

2. I re-applied his Annun popup panel (nice to have that)

3. I reapplied Burt's GTN750 Mod

4. I'd like to have the autopilot popup button again....where is it (besides the view-instrument panel menu option)?

Off to take a look at the FSX-SE version (still reinstalled "vanilla")....will report back...

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Did you notice they did not fix the 'Main Baggage door" Still locked tight as a drum. Hard to make money carrying passengers when they can only have 'carry on bags'

Hard to believe something like this could be overlooked. Every Citation since the one Moses bought had the same baggage door on the same side in the same place. hmmmmm. Must be one of FSX coding problems. sic.

I have Steam and P3Dv2 installed and am sitting on the ramp doing a cockpit check to see how much I am going to miss the click spots on this initial v1.1 flight. Using P3D first, I had some error flash up in the Steam install about 'permission was not granted for something in not receiving permission in the user file area.

In P3Dv2.5 I do not have chocks, Engine covers or use of the Baggage door.

The Thrust Attenuator movement is still not modeled correctly for ground movement. The white attenuator light does go out with first movement of the throttles or thrust levers.

The takeoff roll, sounds, looks, smoooooth rotation and intital clim is right out of the Citation Book. Absolutely perfect, looks and sounds and almost feels just like a real Citation. Feels solid with that slow nose up when properly trimmed for takeoff and initial climbout. It is like it rises rather than climbs. Love it.

I accelerate to cruise climb speed and engage FLC. Yep, it get my attention when the green FLC popups on the PFD panel along with the engaged IAS speed. Nice, then come the Carenado Curtsy - a slight dive and the instant before I press the button to disengage, the nose starts an upward motion and just as she finally get back to the engaged FLC climb speed she busts right through the dialed in ALT.

FLC is FUBAR.

Backup instruments now work and MB and IN hg are correct and 29.92 is STD like it should have been all along. The airspeed tape has the nice featue of changing from blue, to pink, to red and you close in on overspeed. The digial airpeed changes from white numbers to red numbers, to flashing red as the audio nag beep come on.

The low end is covered with the flashing red airspeed numbers as you approach 100 kts and with the thrust back and nose about 40 up the stall is mostly just the nose easing down and hoping you bring in the power for recovery. I was looking for the stick shaker but will have to try again. Yep, it is an 'Audio Shaker' but does get your attention. Sounds like the AFLAC duck when he just took a slug of Mountain Dew.

Nice to see a black annunciator panel and such a bright and totally outstanding VC panel. Truly amazing that we can get this package for less than $40 bucks and have this much realism. I'm impressed.

Shall I test the DTO with the FMS. Naw, not today, I need a flight plan for that. I'll just fly and enjoy the moments for awhile. Thanks Carenado Team.

Regards,

Ray

no chocks no engine covers no main baggage door.JPG

Hi Ray,

So the TA lights are supposed to go out ONLY when reaching 1.25%...anything below that level, they're supposed to show, correct?

Well, they still didn't get it right at all in FSX-SE - same issue I had before of the TA lights NEVER lighting up.  Kabronicus' annun panel popup click spot still doesn't show in FSX-SE, but does show/work in P3D.  I can open its popup window in FSX via the menu as before, but it would be nice to call it from the click spot.  Yes, the CJ2AUX.CAB gauge is in the gauges folder, as before.  What about the click spot popup for the AP?  Where is that?

I didn't check about the external stuff you show above....looks like I'll (we'll all) have to re-apply Kabronicus' TA fix for it to work properly (but as I said in a previous post and above, it never worked at all in FSX-SE, even after applying his fix - they NEVER lit up!)

Why, oh why can't they get things right?!

Jim Blake

Did you notice they did not fix the 'Main Baggage door" Still locked tight as a drum. Hard to make money carrying passengers when they can only have 'carry on bags'

Ray

Huh... How/where can you open that config window visible in your image? 

Never mind, I found it....

I had deleted the 'Panel Window' keys in P3D control settings. After enabling again, I see the extra panels

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Huh... How/where can you open that config window visible in your image?

Shift + 6

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray,

So the TA lights are supposed to go out ONLY when reaching 1.25%...anything below that level, they're supposed to show, correct?

Well, they still didn't get it right at all in FSX-SE - same issue I had before of the TA lights NEVER lighting up.  Kabronicus' annun panel popup click spot still doesn't show in FSX-SE, but does show/work in P3D.  I can open its popup window in FSX via the menu as before, but it would be nice to call it from the click spot.  Yes, the CJ2AUX.CAB gauge is in the gauges folder, as before.  What about the click spot popup for the AP?  Where is that?

I didn't check about the external stuff you show above....looks like I'll (we'll all) have to re-apply Kabronicus' TA fix for it to work properly (but as I said in a previous post and above, it never worked at all in FSX-SE, even after applying his fix - they NEVER lit up!)

Why, oh why can't they get things right?!

They got a ton of stuff correct, all this little stuff the mod squad can fix. The inept FLC and locked baggage door is about the only punch in the gut for me.

I'm pretty sure I saw some white lights for the TAs on the panel before movement today.

It going to be a great plane, just you wait and see.

Somebody needs to take her up to cruising levels and check speed and fuel burn.

Regards,

Ray

locked baggage door.JPG

Can't post a pic from my dropbox of the external view with every choice selected, but in P3D v3.2 I see everything except chocks and aft baggage door open.

I also reapplied Kobronicus' AT light fix, and it works fine as it did before Carenado's update. I used their latest .CAB file and overwrote their gauge_anum_gb.xml file with his.

Jim Blake

Where is the link to download 1.1, or do i just go to Carenado and re-down load

Dutch1 - just redownload it from your Carenado account.

Jim Blake

Found the AP click spot toggle code:

place in [vcockpit02] -

gauge03=CJ2525ACAR!Toggle10130, 476, 20, 48, 48

Jim Blake

Engine thrust settings and thrust lever sensitivity have been corrected. Works much better now. Indicated fuel consumption is still very high. Have to check the tables.

Version 1.1 feels much better with changes in thrust more natural. She feels like she has a bit more power too? Is the ground idle light still a bug or am I doing something wrong?!

I also struggle to see the annunciator panel when HDR is enabled in P3D v3.

Hi Folks,

As Ray mentioned before - if you notice problems - - - Submit Tickets - - - they seemed pretty responsive to the ones I put in or maybe I was just lucky...

Strike while the iron is hot...

I won't be able to test until the weekend...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

VC passenger seat glitch.

Anybody else has it?

2016-4-6_22-1-20-528.jpg

Already reported.

Cheers.