Sign in to follow this  
farid

photoscenery ZL17

Hi

i know the simheaven website removed the ZL17 photoscneries due the cost of server etc..and its just ZL16 ...

but i was wondering if anyone here by chance had those photoscenery as i really need them for Germany area EDDS 

or  if can make torrent or upload them or something

also

i have a dedicated server if there is anyone who can upload i can provide him ftp access.

any reply would be appreciated

Although no longer available, sharing of these files is forbidden by Simheaven, so please don't distribute them.

If you grab g2xpl or Ortho4XP (both available on x-plane.org), you can generate your own tiles. G2XPL is donationware but easier to use, Ortho4XP is opensource but much more advanced. The effort is worth it since you can generate anywhere in the world which has decent imagery.

• Upvote 1

does anyone know where i can get orthophotos from Argentina?

I downloaded some time ago Buenos Aires photo scenery from simheaven.com while they still distributed them, amazing by the way, i am looking where i can get those photos to start learning and making other airports for different Argentina's regions.

Manuel Merelles

Although no longer available, sharing of these files is forbidden by Simheaven, so please don't distribute them.

If you grab g2xpl or Ortho4XP (both available on x-plane.org), you can generate your own tiles. G2XPL is donationware but easier to use, Ortho4XP is opensource but much more advanced. The effort is worth it since you can generate anywhere in the world which has decent imagery.

Hi thanks tony for your great effort at World2xplane.com great job!i admire it..

sounds  great!is there any instruction or something for create such photoscenery?do you know any link?

is the result would be same as those were provided by simheaven?>

thanks

Hi

thanks a lot

but i mean a link that provide instruction how working with it, i just installed the sowftware on win7 successfully 

The manual I guess is in french which I don't understand but you need python and certain python libraries , then get the .hgt data from viewfinderpanoramas and put it under the "Elevation Folder"  and get the tile coordintes in ORTHO

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

For a beginner, I'd recommend G2XPL, as it's just a plugin that you can drop into your X-Plane folder and is simpler to use. Ortho4XP will give watermasking and customised mesh, but is quite difficult to setup.

Simheaven used G2XPL for all the tiles, so you'll mostly produce identical tiles to what they had (If you use the same source, e.g. Bing or Google).

Go and grab the demo and give it a try, http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/59170-g2xpl-get-it-in-post-1/, it comes with instructions. If you're happy with the results, you can send a donation of your choosing and get the full version.

Think I'll go with G2XPL for a start ....

Zulfi, get ready for some classroom work!  I need lessons!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

For a beginner, I'd recommend G2XPL, as it's just a plugin that you can drop into your X-Plane folder and is simpler to use. Ortho4XP will give watermasking and customised mesh, but is quite difficult to setup.

Simheaven used G2XPL for all the tiles, so you'll mostly produce identical tiles to what they had (If you use the same source, e.g. Bing or Google).

Go and grab the demo and give it a try, http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/59170-g2xpl-get-it-in-post-1/, it comes with instructions. If you're happy with the results, you can send a donation of your choosing and get the full version.

the prpblem is i can not have a full version due my country restriction IRAN as i can not do any international payment,i manage to working with Ortho4XP i have installed that successfully,

i should spend  considerable of time for reading carefully the manual provided until have idea how it works,

sorry for my weak Eng as i am student of french language !i wish i could speak or write in French,lol

anyway

thanks for reply

The manual I guess is in french which I don't understand but you need python and certain python libraries , then get the .hgt data from viewfinderpanoramas and put it under the "Elevation Folder"  and get the tile coordintes in ORTHO

Ok i should have alook at manual,at my opinion the  interesting point is with Xplane all the requeirement are so difficult to do,specially for average  PC users,but for anyone who passe that dificult step  the result will be AWESOME,generaly its not like FSX have that kind of user friendly look,or installation,

Well it was Tony who helped me with Ortho4xp as I am quite dumb where these things matter :)

G2XPL definitely would be a simpler option though. 

Think I'll go with G2XPL for a start ....

Zulfi, get ready for some classroom work!  I need lessons!

what class work ? hope you don't mean maths than i am running away 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

No, no math at all - just a quick tutorial :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I just finished my first tile ,which was at Germany,everything seems fine to me,but the roads,the roads are like the photos now,there is no car traffic anymore,

how can i fix that please?

43r3_001.jpg

Just download from Simheaven the corresponding W2XP_xxx_net file, for Europe: 
http://simheaven.com/?wpfb_filepage=w2xp_europe_net-7z

• w2xp_xxx_net
    This version only have the network inside, you can add easily to your existing sceneries, all network from sceneries below is disabled. Normal flyers don’t need it!!So don’t install with this exception: You want to add network derived from newest osm data, roads, power lines, gondolas, drag lifts and so on.

Just download from Simheaven the corresponding W2XP_xxx_net file, for Europe: 

http://simheaven.com/?wpfb_filepage=w2xp_europe_net-7z

• w2xp_xxx_net

This version only have the network inside, you can add easily to your existing sceneries, all network from sceneries below is disabled. Normal flyers don’t need it!!So don’t install with this exception: You want to add network derived from newest osm data, roads, power lines, gondolas, drag lifts and so on.

many thanks for u r reply,but would you please guide me about the order too?should i keep my original   22.02.16: W2xp Europe ?