Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

I was so ready to enjoy my Oculus Rift CV1 with Prepar3D

Still running FSX...but you DO NOT need 90 fps to run smoothly with Flyinside. I've got my frames locked at 30 and it provides perfectly smooth experience. The PMDG 737 is completely fly able inside the CV1, including programming the FMC.

Asynchronous time warp is the key here, and Dan (FI developer) has had it figured out for quite sometime. With the newest OR runtime and the latest version of FI, it is a wonderful experience.

If anyone is actually curious, head over to the Flyinside forums and get the real story, as opposed to hearing from people who have never tried it saying how it will never work.

6700k @4.5

980Ti

CV1

Still running FSX...but you DO NOT need 90 fps to run smoothly with Flyinside. I've got my frames locked at 30 and it provides perfectly smooth experience. The PMDG 737 is completely fly able inside the CV1, including programming the FMC.

But are there any...and yes, apparently I need to shout... 

successful flyInside/Prepar3Dv3.x/CV1 users

out there?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I have to admit...I decided to punt on this gen of VR for now. Despite the immersion being amazing, I got really used to the crystal clarity of 4K.

It did work out though. Sold my Oculus CV1 for $1500!!!

But are there any...and yes, apparently I need to shout... 

successful flyInside/Prepar3Dv3.x/CV1 users

out there?

Chas

Like I said ........

http://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/

No need to shout, just a bit of reading/comprehension mate. No need to be rude either.

Like I said ........

http://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/

No need to shout, just a bit of reading/comprehension mate. No need to be rude either.

Tony,

I put that same reference to FlyInside in this topic as well...there doesn't seem to be anyone that has that combo...how can that be??

Rude?...how?

...just trying to AID the reading comprehension here...

for those who comprehended my question without the silly Red shout...I apologize....for the others...perhaps my shouting helped.

BTW Are you the Tony who is a FlyInside Beta tester and currently Riftless?

cheers

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

BTW Are you the Tony who is a FlyInside Beta tester and currently Riftless?

cheers

Chas

No, not a beta tester and I've already received my CV1.

No, not a beta tester and I've already received my CV1.

And are you successfully using flyInside/Prepar3Dv3.x/CV1?

Thanks,

Chas

And are you successfully using flyInside/Prepar3Dv3.x/CV1?

Thanks,

Chas

...hmmm no response...didn't think so...FlyInside Dev kindly returned my $$. BTW

Palmer Lucky has his "Made for the Rift" adventure/action Apps available and may well make him money...I hope so....he has blown away the past with this version.

That being said, ...I tried the FlyInside-FSX/Rift CV1 on FSX-SE....PRETTY COOL...but IMHO, the Rift needs At least 2x the current resolution to run ANY...Flight sim for anything other than a cute 20 minute Dog and Pony show...

Serious simmers with >= 1080p TrackIR driven monitors, will feel the same way ...and that include DCS's A10-C...

I will put aside my CV1 sale funds for the Rift CV3, and take another look-see then...

... h7mKAmQ.jpg

...selling mine...

Keep up the good work Palmer, but no Ceeegar....

... yet

Chas

As a straight answer to the question of is anyone using P3D with a CV1 successfully, yes, I am.  With FlyInside.

I find the immersion level of being able to look around far out weighs the lower resolution.

I have a couple of issues with other add on programs that I'm working through (Pro ATC/X and Firefighter X), but using the basic sim is a blast!

Graham

(In case it matters, I do run a modern rig - 6700K, 32Gb DDR4 RAM, everything is on SSD's, 980Ti Strix - but if you haven't got a fairly high end rig you aren't going to be able to use VR anyway, not just in P3D)

I do run a modern rig - 6700K, 32Gb DDR4 RAM, everything is on SSD's, 980Ti Strix

LOL

That's an understatement (the modern rig part)!

Slightly, but I haven't gone to insane lengths with overclocking - I can, I built the machine with watercooling  so that I could if I needed to - but to be honest I haven't found a need yet.

I suspect the problems a lot of people are having is with expectations. The CV1 just doesn't (and can't) look as good as we're used to with modern monitors.  It's forte is immersion.  If you can't live with a limited field of view and screen quality that looks 10 years out of date, you aren't going to enjoy the Rift.  If you can and value being able to look around and feel "there", then it's a complete game changer.

But it does work....

Graham