Sign in to follow this  
jandjfrench

Multiplayer?

Hi,

Had a couple of "Player had joined came" messages after returning to GFWL mode (testing).

I thought multiplayer was dead.  The first was "WantlessKnave39"

multi.jpg

Are you in GFWL mode thru the toolkit?  As far as I know the Microsoft servers where shut down a long time ago. There is however a way to play multiplayer thru the toolkit using a server I think was setup by stonelance, but I don't know much about this as I don't use it.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge about the toolkit multiplayer will respond here.

Yes, you can use multiplayer if you choose GFWL mode.

-eelis-

Multiplayer does not work in Non-GFWL mode.  It does work in GFWL mode.  They shutdown the Flight specific servers which hosted the player profile and aerocache functionality (which I've replicated to some degree in Non-GFWL mode).  The matchmaking servers are apparently still up and running, so you can still find and join multiplayer matches in GFWL mode.  I'm guessing this is because it just uses the exact same matchmaking servers as Xbox Live.  There are technically no multiplayer servers for Flight.  The person hosting the game is the server.

Hi,

Some of the player profile data must still be available.  I recently installed flight on a new computer and when I signed in (had to sign in to get my purchased stuff) all my previous achievements were displayed.  I would like to have found a way to have started completely from scratch and hoped by doing so the original default aerocaches would be there. When ever I went to look for them I never started at the closest airports but one at some distance away and made more of an adventure out of it.

Achievements are not part of the Flight player profile, they are part of your Xbox Live profile.

"Achievements are not part of the Flight player profile, they are part of your Xbox Live profile."

I'm not aware of how to differentiate between the two.  I just know that my previous achievements were saved someplace.  From simply a user perspective this differentiation doesn't make much sense.  If I knew more it  would probably appear rational.

"Achievements are not part of the Flight player profile, they are part of your Xbox Live profile."

I'm not aware of how to differentiate between the two.  I just know that my previous achievements were saved someplace.  From simply a user perspective this differentiation doesn't make much sense.  If I knew more it  would probably appear rational.

Everyting that you see on the Career tab of your profile page is stored locally (i.e. on your Hard Drive)

Achievements, (I don't see mine since I'm on non-GFWL mode), under the "Achievement" Tab is fed directly into your GFWL account and stored there.

The Xbox Live profile (or GFWL profile, they are the same thing), is something that is associated with your Microsoft Account.  Achievements are something that is part of Xbox Live, and are available in every game on Xbox Live, they are not specific to Flight.  That information is stored on Xbox Live's servers.  The Flight specific information (your xp, level, aerocaches, missions completed, hours flown, etc) was stored on a Flight specific server, but that has been taken down.  Most of the Flight specific information was also stored in an encrypted copy on your PC, so if you are using a computer that you had previously used Flight before the servers were taken down, or if you copied your career files from another PC, then theoretically you can retain that info even after the servers had been taken down.  In Non-GFWL mode the data that used to be stored on the server is now stored on your own PC instead, and Achievements are no longer available because there is no connection to Xbox Live.