Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

There must be a way to remove this etops sticker

Without disabling etops in the options

qxcmTD3.jpg

Any painter know how to make that etops "qualified for ext over water operations" texture transparent?

-David Lee

Any painter know how to make that etops "qualified for ext over water operations" texture transparent?

That yellow sticker is from an add-on livery, so they clearly knew how to modify it. From a real world perspective, placarding is required in some way or another, from what I remember.

Either way, the panel isn't part of the paint kit and, therefore, should not be modified.

Kyle Rodgers

That yellow sticker is from an add-on livery, so they clearly knew how to modify it. From a real world perspective, placarding is required in some way or another, from what I remember.

Either way, the panel isn't part of the paint kit and, therefore, should not be modified.

The panel texture is modified, but I'm talking about the texture file that has the etops sticker. There must be a way to make that part of the file transparent so at night and day it does not display if etops is enabled. I found the file that has the etops sticker, and can get it to not display, but at night it comes back due to some night lighting texture I cannot find. - David Lee

The panel texture is modified, but I'm talking about the texture file that has the etops sticker. There must be a way to make that part of the file transparent so at night and day it does not display if etops is enabled. I found the file that has the etops sticker, and can get it to not display, but at night it comes back due to some night lighting texture I cannot find. - David Lee

See above:

Kyle Rodgers

You guys really pay attention to stuff like that? Hell, I'm happy to get the thing on the ground with both engines still hanging from the wings and enough tires still inflated to get to the gate. :smile:

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

You guys really pay attention to stuff like that? Hell, I'm happy to get the thing on the ground with both engines still hanging from the wings and enough tires still inflated to get to the gate. :smile:

I like realism including the panel textures that I look directly at every flight. - David Lee

The painter just painted over the panel texture - it is pretty common really.

Remove it in the fmc equipment options (the default pmdg one).

Remove it in the fmc equipment options (the default pmdg one).

The OP wants to remove the ETOPS sticker but still have the aircraft ETOPS capable. If it is done thru FMC equipment options, it will not only remove the sticker but it will also remove the equipment and the plane would not be ETOPS capable. Maybe painting over the texture panel is the best approach.

Since my earlier, less blunt, attempts were seemingly not noticed...

Do not modify any part of the aircraft that you do not explicitly have permission to modify. If it's not in the paint kit, or we don't provide you some method to modify it (the options via the OC, the CDU pages, or stated in the SDK), then do not modify it, or discuss modifying it.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers