Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Official Teaser Trailer

Looks intense.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I saw this on ABC's "Good Morning America" this morning. It's about time they started milking this entertaining cash cow... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Trailer does not feel very Star Wars-y'.  At least it all looks like new story, which I really hated lacking from the last one.

They're also breaking the pattern of the way the movie is titled. If they followed pattern this movie wold be called "Star Wars Rogue One Episode VIII" instead of "Rogue One A Star Wars story"! Not sure that's a great idea.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Its supposed to be a standalone, like a short independant story that takes place within a larger continuing series.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I thought it looked more Star Wars than the force awakens.

Set during the period of the galactic empire, proper storm troopers, proper X wings, proper at-ats, mon mothma, Yavin 4 base, star destroyers, the Death Star......what more do you need? :)

I'm hoping these stand alones that fit in the timeline will have more depth than episode 7 did.

Chris

This looks better to me than what the reboot of Star Trek is doing. And I'm not even a Star Wars fan.

If they're making a decent lightweight action movie in the setting, then that's enough. That is, if they can stay away from too much fan service.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

This looks better to me than what the reboot of Star Trek is doing.

J. J. Abrams ruined both of these series as far as I'm concerned.

I am extremely excited about this. I was 5 years old when Star Wars: A New Hope came out and we were told about the Death Star Plans and how many people died to get these plans, well this movie goes back and tells that story.

People who criticize Star Wars have lost touch of their 5 year old inner self. I mean common it's Star Wars for frig sakes. My 15 month old has already taken the Light Sabre as her favourite toy, she smashes it into everything. That's what Star Wars is all about, not to be overthought, it's for kids.

Matthew Kane

I dunno.  Looks interesting and we have not been told the story of how the original Death Star plans were stolen.  Could be a good aside movie, filling in some gaps in the whole original Star Wars saga.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Jar Jar starts yelling at 0.57  :Whistle:  :lol:

Devons rig

Jar Jar starts yelling at 0.57  :Whistle:  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Just a little tidbit for the fans

Devons rig

I thought it was really good. I didn't know anything about it when I saw it and I kept seeing people and places that were familiar and slowly but surely the story became apparent. Genius in my opinion. If they keep doing things like Rogue One and The Force Awakens then Ill be happy.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.