Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Brighter terrain, darker cloud shadows - DONE!

Andre ,

You could give my approach for nightflying a try.

Nightflying I am doing with Night Environment.

My settings with HDR on :

-.brightness 0.35

- bloom 10.0 --> this you need to modify this manually in your P3D.cfg file

- saturisation 0.90

The low brightness value makes even the clouds dark, but the high bloom value brings very nice nightlighting.

I use photoscenery only, mostly Mega Scenery Earth. Also for the Netherlands as the NL2000 underground is too dark compared to other countries.

However , I use their 3D objects...

Here a screenshot at night with the settings above

Great shot Gerard I'm on the night environment bandwagon to love it...

Loading already a special CFG for night flying and have it pitch black as in the real world only LM should workout HDR in combination with tess and colours...

Playing only now with the shader GPUTerrain.fx for shadows and haze to see the effect and performances

issues, I personally don't like the HSL and cloud FX because it throws the rest out of balance with other issues.

André

Andre, I only have cloudshadows * 0.5.

Nothing regarding the GPUterrain.fx file

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Well done have to load this tweak up for sure - factory clouds were barley noticeable - thank you - looks awesome

Rich Sennett

Can I adjust this value or values to brighten overcast? I fly in bad weather a lot and would like to see my VC a little better. I think as it is now its too dark. Note I run HDR disabled.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice video - any special settings for terrain haze other than using the files in this pack ? thanks

Rich Sennett

Here are some shots with those files loaded in my sim. I am really impressed. I am now going to try those files from that video that was just posted.

2016_04_08_1748.png

2016_04_08_1754.png

2016_04_08_1754_001.png

2016_04_08_1809.png

I am also running ReShade, which needed some tweaking with these files. I am pretty pleased with the results so far.

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

Yep, that is the guy that sent me the files, and you can see that exactly in the comments! :) Yes, I'm SimHead on YouTube.

So that pack that Leo Grant has sent me is exactly the same as in my pack. His files are with "_alternative" added in the file name.

Nice video - any special settings for terrain haze other than using the files in this pack ? thanks

Nope, exactly the same tweaks, except that he is using different sky texture that changed the haze to that strong blue.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Yep, that is the guy that sent me the files, and you can see that exactly in the comments! :) Yes, I'm SimHead on YouTube.

So that pack that Leo Grant has sent me is exactly the same as in my pack. His files are with "_alternative" added in the file name.

Nope, exactly the same tweaks, except that he is using different sky texture that changed the haze to that strong blue.

Thanks - this reminds me of shade - havent figured out exactly whats going on but its interesting but noticed seems to be darker at dawn and dusk - cloud dark areas seem a bit odd - again not sure - also noticed fog on gives you a more natural (blended) appearance in the distance

Rich Sennett

Thanks - this reminds me of shade - havent figured out exactly whats going on but its interesting but noticed seems to be darker at dawn and dusk - cloud dark areas seem a bit odd - again not sure - also noticed fog on gives you a more natural (blended) appearance in the distance

I ditched shade after some testing, it completely ruined that natural ambient occlusion like shadows that P3D has. I suggest you to ditch it laso, you can control the intensity of cockpit shadows with sky textures. For example REX sky textures have pretty pale shadow setting. One darn pixel in sky_noon.bmp controls the shadow color, and I changed it to my preference. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Short preview of the shader pack tweaks. From dawn till dusk.

The only culprit here is that you must enable cast shadows on building and vegetation, which has quite an impact on fps. With disabled, trees and buildings will stay lit even in the shade, good example is in this video.

Anyway, it was easy to make X-Plane like blue haze. Realism Shader Pack v1 + editing the sky texture = this:

Dwm-2016-04-09-04-15-40-58_zps2ft5vwsy.j

I want to encourage people to give this a try. I just set it up on my system and upon initial impressions, it looks pretty good.

Anyway, it was easy to make X-Plane like blue haze. Realism Shader Pack v1 + editing the sky texture = this:

How do you edit the sky texture?

Also, do you know if it is possible to utilize a different two rows of pixels in the sky_noon_x.bmp to define the haze color? 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations