Sign in to follow this  
Jackflyer

Problem with multiple monitors re full screen and windowed

I wonder if someone could help me with this problem

I have a triple monitor setup with 3  -  23inch screens set to surround via my nvidia control; panel for GTX 960, I use a 4th - 17 inch monitor as an 'accessory' monitor which runs Plan G3. 

Now I have no real problem with the 3 monitors set to surround - Bezel correction etc is all ok . the 4th accessory monitor looks ok  

I have managed to run the system several times successfully ie the triple monitor display giving an excellent view of the 737 flight deck (enhanced by ezdoc) and the Plan G map portraying my flight so far.etc.

It seems to work best when I sometimes manage to maintain the windows 7 status bar on the bottom of the screen and don't put the accessory monitor to full screen.

Other times when I power up although the Windows splash screen is in surround,  FSX is in one window only - In this state both  FSX and plan G work ok but no surround in FSX

When I select full screen in FSX it changes ok  however full screen does mean I lose the windows status bar and my 4th screen freezes completely.

If it had never worked I would put it down to 'not possible'  but the fact that it works sometimes must mean I have set something up wrong -- any ideas

Jack Allan

You will only be able to use your fourth screen for Plan-G if you run in windowed mode. There is no way around that. In full-screen mode your fourth monitor will be black but you can drag FSX windows to it.

I will assume you are in windowed mode as you have mentioned the taskbar and Plan-G. If your FSX window is only on one monitor you just need to resize it to fill the whole display (making sure it is un-maximised first - see below).

On my system, alternating between maximise and un-maximise behaves in a way I don't really understand, but essentially sometimes it will only fill one of the three monitors until I resize it manually or move the window slightly before maximising.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks for your speedy answer Mark. It confirms what I discovered when I returned to FSX after many hours of frustration. As you explained, I too suddenly realised I am in windowed mode and I thought surely it can't be as easy as dragging  the screen to fill the 3 screens.  As I dragged the screen towards the right hand 3rd screen it looked really deformed and stretched  then when when I dragged it to the left 1st screen it still looked really weird however when I dragged all three screens vertically suddenly my windowed surround was back and looked ok. and my Plan G was working fine in he 4th screen. I hope we have helped others with this problem although I suspect some flightsim enthusiasts would still prefer a full screen experience. They may have to go to a networked multiscreen solution or there may be a way we have not thought of

Thanks again

Jack Allan