Sign in to follow this  
MadMackem

DX10 questions

Hi,

I've upgraded my PC recently and re-installed FSX. I'm now DX10 compatitable since my upgrade so my question is, should I install DX10 V3.2.2 even though I'm not running FSX in DX10 preview mode? I understand the DX10 preview mode is to see how FSX would perform in DX10 mode, but if this is not selected does that mean I'm just running DX9 as default.

Also, is "ReShade" worth installing to improve FSX?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've upgraded my PC recently and re-installed FSX. I'm now DX10 compatitable since my upgrade so my question is, should I install DX10 V3.2.2 even though I'm not running FSX in DX10 preview mode? I understand the DX10 preview mode is to see how FSX would perform in DX10 mode, but if this is not selected does that mean I'm just running DX9 as default.

Also, is "ReShade" worth installing to improve FSX?

Thanks in advance.

Well I would run FSX with this tool in DX10 https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/ ;-)

• Upvote 2

André

If you don't have DX10 preview selected, then you are indeed just running in DX9.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

welcome to FSX DX10, you'll never look back. :Party: I highly recommend Steve's DX10 Fixer.

• Upvote 1

welcome to FSX DX10, you'll never look back. :Party: I highly recommend Steve's DX10 Fixer.

If he doesn't use Steve's DX10 Fixer, he would and and should go back to DX9. FSX with DX10 is nothing without it!! It's an absolute necessity to run FSX in DX10.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If you don't have DX10 preview selected, then you are indeed just running in DX9.

Thankyou, and Thankyou all. I tried DX10 v3.2.2 freeware and it made a little difference, so I think using Steve's DX10 fixer is the path to take, and I'll remember to uninstall the freeware first :smile:

Cheers all.

P.S. any of you using "ReShade" as well?

• Upvote 1