Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

Hey Richard Sennett

I posted this on the Night Environment forum but it's crickets over there, so I'm re-posting it here ...

Richard, thanks to your repeated posting about how wonderful it is, I've downloaded my first set of NE scenery (PA). And while the installer crashed my machine all the way to re-boot, I added the scenery manually and took a quick spin. All I can say is WOW and THANK YOU (to Chris, too). It did, eat more than a gig of my available VAS, but I still had everything set for daytime flying and I know that's something I can fix in config and tuning. Because I definitely want this on at night, all the time, everywhere. So thanks.

PHL%20Night%201.jpg

PHL%20Night%202.jpg

PHL%20Night%203.jpg

• Upvote 1

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

More than 1 Gig of additional VAS?! Errrrr.....

I posted this on the Night Environment forum but it's crickets over there, so I'm re-posting it here ...

Richard, thanks to your repeated posting about how wonderful it is, I've downloaded my first set of NE scenery (PA). And while the installer crashed my machine all the way to re-boot, I added the scenery manually and took a quick spin. All I can say is WOW and THANK YOU (to Chris, too). It did, eat more than a gig of my available VAS, but I still had everything set for daytime flying and I know that's something I can fix in config and tuning. Because I definitely want this on at night, all the time, everywhere. So thanks.

Hey wow greatest thread title I ever saw  :wink:  glad your enjoying it at night you dont need a lot of things on that kill fps as you would really never notice it depending on what that might be - great shots 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Great shots these! :smile:  I am already hooked on NE but have just used European ones so far. Is this in the USA? Looks fantastic, thanks for sharing. As Rich mentioned, you can tun off loads of things at night and don't notice the difference, so that you can turn NE settings quite high. In the graphics settings for P3D you can save different settings for day and night and switch easily between them.

• Upvote 1

Stuart Furley

Hi! Basementflyguy,

Nice shot!!!

I would like to know what I have to do in my settings for NE work nicely same yous?

I use P3D v3.2 with FTX Global, vector, FTX NCA and NE California.

Thanks,

José Luís

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

VAS usage is not 1 gig - I had all three levels of the NE scenery turned on simultaneously (RTFM, dude). Looks great, and I saved a "Night" setting with all the sliders that don't matter much at night (textures, etc) turned way down and I'm getting 30+ FPS. A lot of fun.

Hi! Basementflyguy,

Nice shot!!!

I would like to know what I have to do in my settings for NE work nicely same yous?

I use P3D v3.2 with FTX Global, vector, FTX NCA and NE California.

Thanks,

José Luís

Hard to know. I just installed it and ran with whatever settings I was using in the daytime. I do have HDR turned on, but other than that, this was the stock NE without any changes to settings ...

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Thank you for you kind words and supporting our work basementflyguy,
and a big THANKS to Mr. Rich Sennett for recommending our work,

beautiful night shoots; Ive been waiting to see PA all done up,

a gig is bit too much even for heavily dense area's,

this looks like P3D, which version are you on?