Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

Tired of blurred textures- V3.2

Gents:

I don't know what else to do or how to proceed; but after upgrading PD3 V3.2, the terrain textures hardly become sharp. They remain blurred for most part , and barely sharpens.

I have increased the LOD within CFG to 8.5, and tried several Level of Detail from within the Simulator built in settings; I have set FFTF=0.01 and .10

No sure What else to do to fix this. My Spec: Intel 6700K, Nvidia 970 Graphics Card, 900GB SSD, Windows 7, and 16 Gb RAM.

I recall under V3.1 scenery would become sharp almost instantly, but not with V3.2, and this is a huge turn off.. I cannot continue to fly on blurred, "jello" like terrain. I was wondering if I can go back to 3.1, and if yes, what P3D components will I need to uninstall and replace from Add and Remove Programs?

Any advice ??

I would get rid of the FFTF tweak and see if that solves your problem.  When I tried this tweak myself the ground textures were terribly blurry.

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

So I had issues with blurries recently (fresh install & fresh OS install). I haven't edited/added any 'tweaks' into my cfg file at all.

Today, I tried setting my fps to Unlimited in P3D, instead of limiting at my usual 30. Doing this has completely solved my blurries for me and I'm also stutter free. This is with the 364.72 drivers (i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz & GTX 980 TI)

I had this problem in 3.2 and started a thread a week or so back too. Changing the AM mostly fixed it for me. I was previously using 116 now using 244. Also if you have blurries in dense areas it may be better to lock your fps and use FFTF 0.33.

Edit : Its something to do with the content.msi install so you can try reverting that back to 3.1. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.