Sign in to follow this  
airernie

SIMStarter NG Released

According to Capt Pero's message in the SIMStarter support forum, SIMStarter NG was released today.

Information and price on the Aerosoft site if you type 'SIMStarter NG' in search.

Ernest Pergrem

I'm surprise anyone would spend money on a utility like this.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm surprise anyone would spend money on a utility like this.

Why?

ZORAN

Why?

Just seems so unnecessary. I start FSX, select plane, location and time and go.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I haven't tried it yet, but just some days I thought: I have this saved FSX flight with this plane cold&dark at airport X, saved as my default flight. If I want to start at a different airport, I just select it and start free flight.

Works well, but ...

Now I have a second saved flight with engines running and/or a different plane at airport X, but I want to start this at airport Y ... but when loading this saved flight, FSX already starts loading everything at airport X, I could probably save time/RAM/whatever when directly selecting airport Y instead of after loading everything for airport X.

(and all this without creating more save files for other airports)

According to the documentation (I have to try it), the free version already supports this. But maybe the new paid version has this feature implemented in a better way or some other feature that would fit my (or someone else's) use case. I just wanted to point out a single example of the benefit such a program can have compared to just starting the sim.

If you take the time to look at all its capabilities, you may see things differently. However, if you always use the same settings:scenery, etc for all your flights, you may not need it.

I used the old Simstarter a lot and never donated. Think I'll buy this for that reason. And Capt Pero has always given great support and quick updates.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Cant imagine flying without it now. Probably my most useful add on

ZORAN

Very good program, some good improvements over the freeware version (one of which being it supports P3D v3.2).  Really like how this can handle my scenery, all liveries to aircraft and manage what I see.  Also, finally glad that I have a program that starts EZDok after FS is ready so I don't get the Simconnect timeout error.  Lots more that it can do and I only use a fraction of its capabilities but very good program and for the price well worth it.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Agreed Mark. I look at it like this , SS keeps my house in order. Its used every single time I fly so without out doubt its the most used add on along with ASN.

ZORAN

Very good program, some good improvements over the freeware version (one of which being it supports P3D v3.2).  Really like how this can handle my scenery, all liveries to aircraft and manage what I see.  Also, finally glad that I have a program that starts EZDok after FS is ready so I don't get the Simconnect timeout error.  Lots more that it can do and I only use a fraction of its capabilities but very good program and for the price well worth it.

Mark,

How is the SimObjects.cfg module? That was my concern with the freeware. Couldn't deactivate certain folders.

The SimObjects Manager can turn off the following on my system.  It looks like if you make another SimObjects folder the program will have the ability to turn it off.  I just read that based on another request Pero is uploading the manual and will have a link available on the Aerosoft site.

Airplanes

Rotocraft

GroundVehicles

Boats

Animals

Misc

MyTraffic\Aircraft

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000