Sign in to follow this  
airernie

SIMStarter NG Released

It's certainly not snake oil, and I can see how it would be useful for some people.

I fly on VATSIM thus and select my flights based on ATC coverage, airport activity, and weather (contrary to real world flying, I enjoy flying in bad weather in the sim), so each of my flights is different than the last. 

Before booting into FSX I use SceneryConfigEditor to enable the two airports I'll flying from/to and have all other airport disabled. If I mess up, forget or change flights I can do this via the FSX Scenery Manager.

I then use a default Cessna 172 flight which I always load into my departure airport, thus I am not loading into one scenery and then loading a second scenery on top of that.

Given how I fly, I don't see how the program would benefit me, but as I said up top I can certainly see how it would very useful to others. 

As an Admin at Aerosoft, I watch Pero's support and he does a great job of not only providing timely (if not immediate) support but also listens to ideas of his customers.  First rate in my book!

My very Best Wishes and Happy Flights to everyone!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Having used the freeware version following a recommendation on AvSim I will certainly buy the payware version to support a very clever enthusiast.

I fly a 737-800 via Project Magenta so the 'panel' is very meagre on resources. Therefore I can increase AutoGen and other scenery settings without VAS becoming a problem.

However, when flying Concorde I need lower settings and SimStarter allows me to have those with minimal effort from me to change the settings.

Captain Pero is to be applauded.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I bought this last night, had a quick tinker with it but need to spend more time on it over the weekend.  Already I have 3 profiles setup - one for VFR, PMDG 737 and Q400.  When flying VFR I like to turn up the eye candy however flying the 737 I turn autogen down and decrease some of the sliders.  I also fly VFR locked FPS at 31 but unlimited in the 737.  It can also configure your ASN settings as well, amazing stuff.  I think it's also incredibly useful to open all my applications at the same time at the click of a button, again this differs depending on the aircraft I want to fly.  The amount of times I have set everything up loaded the 737 and then realised I didn't change my ORBX region!  Now I have FTX central pop up automatically before the sim starts, heck you can even automate which region to select to if needs be.  It has reduced my setup time from sit down to taxi by at least 15-20 minutes.  This doesn't sound a lot but I have a small family and time is precious sp being able to launch SS NG and click a button to see everything fire up automatically is awesome! 

Thomas Derbyshire