Sign in to follow this  
jakey12

split scimitar winglets

I know this has been previously addressed, however I'd like to inquire again seeing as I haven't seen a post regarding this topic for a year or so. (maybe I missed one) But out of curiosity could a split scimitar winglets be released similarly to how the P-8 was done? The only reason I am interested in this is because I fly fly allot and I haven't seen a 737 in while that doesn't have these new winglets, I fly United allot so I'm not exactly familiar with other airlines however I have seen that southwest, delta, Alaska, westjet, and Aeromexico all seem to be fitting their fleets with them.

Thanks

But out of curiosity could a split scimitar winglets be released similarly to how the P-8 was done?

Not entirely. We didn't do the P-8 just because we felt like doing a P-8. See here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/463843-thanks-for-the-us-navy-p-8a-poseidon/page-2#entry3193916

I know this has been previously addressed, however I'd like to inquire again seeing as I haven't seen a post regarding this topic for a year or so.

If anything changes, we're usually pretty good about providing that in an update. There are several topics about this already.

Here's one that might interest you:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/413703-split-scimitar-winglet-modeling-on-the-ngx/page-1?p=2717284#entry2717284

Kyle Rodgers

I agree! Its becoming increasingly popular with all 737s around Europe and North America. I know it saves on fuel burns etc, but id be satisfied with a pure visual addition regardless.  In the mean time ill be patiently waiting...

Cheers,

Although I don't care one way or the other, I would like to see PMDG release a hot fix for split scimitars immediately so these damn threads would stop.

• Upvote 2

What is interesting? It was promised in the forums by members of the PMDG team years ago. -David Lee

It's interesting that, not even a few months ago, you stated exactly the opposite.

Additionally, it wasn't promised. It was stated as "planned." Rather large difference.

Kyle Rodgers

+1 for split scimitar. Can be just cosmetic.

Pawel Grochowski

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png